Sumproduct resulting in #Value

GSPRush

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I am trying to summarize two monthly P&Ls (Forecast and Budget) to quarterly P&Ls by using the Sumproduct function. The majority of the line items on these P&Ls are zero balances. I was able to successfully utilize this function to summarize the Plan P&L however the Forecast P&L is resulting in #Value errors. Both the Forecast and Plan P&Ls are similar formats so im not sure what is driving the error. I am using the following formula to source the Plan data (cell L413) =SUMPRODUCT(('Fiscal Plan'!$EP$10:$EP$57=$A413)*('Fiscal Plan'!$ES$7:$FD$7>=data!$H$3)*('Fiscal Plan'!$ES$7:$FD$7<=data!$I$3)*('Fiscal Plan'!$ES$10:$FD$57)). The following formula is being used to source the forecast data (cell B413) =SUMPRODUCT(('Fiscal Forecast'!$FU$10:$FU$57=$A413)*('Fiscal Forecast'!$FX$7:$GI$7>=data!$H$3)*('Fiscal Forecast'!$FX$7:$GI$7<=data!$I$3)*('Fiscal Forecast'!$FX$10:$GI$57)). The "Data" tab reference in the formula sources the dates. I have included screen shots of the all the tabs reference in the formulas above. The forecast formula seems to work if i hard code numbers into the sales line on the forecast sheet. I dont know if zeros are causing the issue but the Plan data seems to work with zeros. Appreciate the help!

1685628182260.png

Forecast Sheet
1685628235495.png

Plan Sheet
1685628272756.png

Data tab
1685628501033.png

Attachments

• 1685628489260.png
    1685628489260.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 4

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Can't tell much from an image, but the first things that I would check for are, on the Forecast sheet
  • Any #VALUE! errors on that sheet in the range $FX$10:$GI$57
  • Any text values on that sheet in the range $FX$10:$GI$57 (Sales line?)

Upvote 0
I checked and their are no errors or text formats within the range. Is their a way to send you the file?

Upvote 0
Is their a way to send you the file?
You can upload it to somewhere like DropBox, OneDrive, Google Drive etc and provide a publicly shared link here. Make sure any sensitive information is removed or disguised.
.. or you could provide smallish sample section(s) with XL2BB

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArturS75

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back