SUMPRODUCT returning 0

jimbuck999

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I've had a good look around at trying to figure this out but I am still struggling. I've tried using -- in a few areas but still haven't got it to work, so was going to try here to find the answer.

1691666967416.png

=SUMPRODUCT((Table1[[C1]:[C3 attended]]>=$I$1)*(Table1[[C1]:[C3 attended]]<$I$1+1)*(Table1[[#Headers],[C1]:[C3 attended]]=$J$1)*(Table1[[C1]:[C3 attended]]=$K$1))

I think it is something to do with the last section being text, but I'm really not sure and still quite the begginer to excel.

Removing the (Table1[[C1]:[C3 attended]]=$K$1) and it works perfectly.

Any help will be appricated.

Thanks

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
Hi, and welcome to MrExcel.

First, before I address your question, just a couple of things.

1) When posting data, please avoid pictures. Instead, either simply copy and paste your data or use the xl2BB add-in to do so. Then the volunteers here can easily copy and paste the data into their worksheet for coming up with a solution.

2) I would suggest that you update your profile to include your Excel version so that the most efficient solution can be offered.

Now to your question. First, your formula has >=$I$1 and <$I$1+1, which is basically =$I$1. So I think we can replace the two criteria with a single criteria. So it looks like you probably want the following...

jimbuck.xlsm
ABCDEFGHIJKL
1IDC1C1 attendedC2C2 attendedC3C3 attended8/10/2023C2Attended1
218/10/2023Attended8/12/2023No Show0
328/11/2023Cancelled8/13/2023Cancelled8/10/2023CancelledCancelled0
438/10/2023No Show8/10/2023Attended
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
L1:L3L1=SUMPRODUCT(--(INDEX(Table1[[C1]:[C3 attended]],0,MATCH($J$1,Table1[[#Headers],[C1]:[C3 attended]],0))=$I$1),--(INDEX(Table1[[C1]:[C3 attended]],0,MATCH($J$1,Table1[[#Headers],[C1]:[C3 attended]],0)+1)=K1))

Hope this helps!

Upvote 1
Solution
Hi, and welcome to MrExcel.
Hi Domenic and thanks for the reply. Apologies for the picture, I couldn't use the add on as I was on the a work laptop. Also sorry I should have been clearer in my data, the dates are actually times (if that makes sense, so dd/mm/yy hh:mm, so that's why I used (>=$I$1 and <$I$1+1). If there is a better way lookup a time that is between two given dates (dd/mm/yy) without using the (>=$I$1 and <$I$1+1) then I am all ears :)

And finally, you're a genius! This works perfectly, also when I adapted it to (>=$I$1 and <$I$1+1)

I always struggle with Match and Index for some weird reason, so I thought it was something like this.

You are amazing thank you very much, you've made me very happy!

Upvote 0
Hi Domenic and thanks for the reply. Apologies for the picture, I couldn't use the add on as I was on the a work laptop.
No problem, next time simply copy/paste. :)

This works perfectly, also when I adapted it to (>=$I$1 and <$I$1+1)
That's great, I'm glad I could help. And I'm glad you were able to amend the formula successfully. Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
remmuS24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back