SUMPRODUCT

montecarlo2012

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, after hours of searching about sumproduct in the way I got in the code, realize that nothing help me. Please any suggestions here will be appreciated.
this is the line of my problem :

.Rows(0).Formula = "=SUMPRODUCT(--(" & rngData.Resize(NoRows - i, 1).Address(0, 0) & "=" & .Columns(1).Address(0, 0) & "))"

this line give me on sheet 1 the result in the following way:
1590246501571.png
until here
1590247316566.png
and between the are one column space
1590247413380.png

and in this way go until GP in other words this loop create 35 arrays, I would like (" IF THAT IS POSSIBLE"), instead going to the right, would be awesome if I can see the same information on sheet 2 in the way is illustrated in the following image:
1590246934190.png

for this one I have to write for every line sheet1!I2 and so on, and is 10 work books to do the same,

thank you for reading this.

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
jasonb75 thank you for taking time to drop a line for me. Do you think I upload the code, and you can give me some hints, Please.
I respect the other people time you know so that why I ask you first.

Upvote 0
Do you think I upload the code
Can't do much without it, the line that you've posted contradicts the result that it is producing so we would need the rest of the code to figure out why.

Please remember to use the correct tags in order to preserve code formatting.

Upvote 0
Because I know the sugestions here about investigate first and ask after, then I show you readings I make before I ask for help.
and here I don't see anything close enough
1590260163865.png
and
1590260215919.png

so that line is really advance subject, and I am just intermediate vba

Upvote 0
Ok, thanks here it is:
VBA Code:
Sub THIRD_ORDER_POLYNOMIAL()
         Dim rngStart As Range, rngData As Range
         Dim Diff1 As Long, Diff2 As Long, NoRows As Long, NoCols As Long, i As Long
         Dim s As String

Set Sht = Worksheets("Sheet1")
         Set rngData = Sht.Range("B3:G" & Sht.Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row)

NoRows = rngData.Rows.Count
                           NoCols = rngData.Columns.Count
                           Diff1 = 8: Diff2 = 35
         Set rngStart = Range("I3").Resize(, NoCols)
                           For i = Diff1 To Diff2
                                    With rngStart.Offset(, (NoCols + 1) * (i - Diff1)).Resize(NoRows - i)

'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.Rows(0).Formula = "=SUMPRODUCT(--(" & rngData.Resize(NoRows - i, 1).Address(0, 0) & "=" & .Columns(1).Address(0, 0) & "))"
.Rows(0).Font.Bold = True

'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

''THIRD ORDER POLYNOMIAL
            'Equation: Y = (C3 * X^3) + (C2 * X^2) + (C1 * X^1) +B
            'B: = INDEX(LINEST(Y, X^{1,2,3}),,1,4)
            'FORMULA = " = TRUNC(ABS(INDEX(LINEST(B3:B19,$A$3:$A$19^{1,2,3}),1,4)

'////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

.Formula = "=TRUNC(ABS(INDEX(LINEST(" & rngData.Resize(i + 1, 1).Address(0, 0) & "," & rngData.Offset(, -1).Resize(i + 1, 1).Address(0, 1) & "^{1,2,3}),4)))"

'///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

s = .Cells(1, 1).Address(0, 0)
                                             With .FormatConditions
                                                      .Delete
                                                      .Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="=" & rngData(1, 1).Address(0, 0) & "=" & s
                                                      .Item(1).Interior.Color = vbYellow
                                             End With
                                    End With
                           Next i
End Sub

Upvote 0
I'm really not seeing how post 5 relates to the question.
Try this on a copy of your file, do not use the original unless you want to lose your data if it goes wrong.

Note that I have not changed the line from post 1, but the line above it.
VBA Code:
Sub THIRD_ORDER_POLYNOMIAL()
Dim rngStart As Range, rngData As Range
Dim Diff1 As Long, Diff2 As Long, NoRows As Long, NoCols As Long, i As Long
Dim s As String

Set Sht = Worksheets("Sheet1")
Set rngData = Sht.Range("B3:G" & Sht.Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row)

NoRows = rngData.Rows.Count
NoCols = rngData.Columns.Count
Diff1 = 8: Diff2 = 35
Set rngStart = Range("I3").Resize(, NoCols)
For i = Diff1 To Diff2
    With rngStart.Offset(i - Diff1).Resize(NoCols)
        .Formula = "=SUMPRODUCT(--(" & rngData.Resize(NoRows - i, 1).Address(0, 0) & "=" & .Columns(1).Address(0, 0) & "))"
        .Font.Bold = True

''THIRD ORDER POLYNOMIAL
            'Equation: Y = (C3 * X^3) + (C2 * X^2) + (C1 * X^1) +B
            'B: = INDEX(LINEST(Y, X^{1,2,3}),,1,4)
            'FORMULA = " = TRUNC(ABS(INDEX(LINEST(B3:B19,$A$3:$A$19^{1,2,3}),1,4)

.Formula = "=TRUNC(ABS(INDEX(LINEST(" & rngData.Resize(i + 1, 1).Address(0, 0) & "," & rngData.Offset(, -1).Resize(i + 1, 1).Address(0, 1) & "^{1,2,3}),4)))"

s = .Cells(1, 1).Address(0, 0)
        With .FormatConditions
            .Delete
            .Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="=" & rngData(1, 1).Address(0, 0) & "=" & s
            .Item(1).Interior.Color = vbYellow
        End With
    End With
Next i
End Sub

Upvote 0
jasonb75 thank you for the warning, and for your time.
I see what you said
1590269155992.png
I see the change
what this line did, really it is not the output I was waiting, this line just delete all the arrays and display some data beside my work-data.

Upvote 0
What I've done is based on this line from your post.
I would like (" IF THAT IS POSSIBLE"), instead going to the right, would be awesome if I can see the same information on sheet 2 in the way is illustrated in the following image
I've changed the destination of the output so that it goes down instead of across, which was what you asked for. If it's not what you want then you need to make your examples clearer.

Start with an XL2BB sample (See link below, screen captures are of no use) showing the source data from sheet1 and the expected output in sheet2, making it clear what information is already in the sheet and where the code should be entering the formulas. A sample doesn't need to include all of your data, just enough to explain the problem.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eggy66

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back