Sync Data Between Sheets

bobby786

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I want the Columns from different sheet in the attached worksheet to be synced reciprocally. E.g. Sheet1 (CENTRAL) cell C8 is "producer", there is a similar cell in Sheet4(QC) C8 "producer", I want them all to be updated as soon as i enter data in Sheet1(CENTRAL). So that when I enter something in C8 of Sheet1(CENTRAL), it also appears in cells C8 (QC) Likewise, if i enter something in cell C9 (CENTRAL) I want the content to appear in Sheet4((QC) C9 the other linked cells and so on.

The next step would be to extend this code to work with other columns in the sheet , too. E.g. "Invoice" , "QTY" "Product Name" across all sheets and so on

Thanks a lot in advance to anyone who tries to help me!

The file is located here:

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
@Zot
Dear Mate ,
its me again , i will further need help with the below situation

Sheet (CENTRAL) have materials name used for that particular products , it contains basic information here, Then i have separate sheet named as (Materials) , There is some columns data i want to sync from CENTRAL to Materials , but here the columns number or letter is different will be different from CENTRAL sheet

For Example
In CENTRAL X6 = Colorbox , i want to get it sync to Materials N6 , similarly for all other materials as well ,

and if that is possible then i would like if i update the status of that material in any of the sheet it should get it updated in other sheet also

For Example :
In Materials J6 is a Date if i insert the date there K6 status will change from "Pending" to "Done" , so instead i have to go back to CENTRAL Y6 and change there manually i would like it can get it sync or update in CENTRAL also , similarly if i do it in CENTRAL it get updated in Materials J6

Sample of my document is attached here.

Thank you in advance.
Regards

Upvote 0
Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: Sync Cell Data to Different Sheet in same WorkBook
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0
Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: Sync Cell Data to Different Sheet in same WorkBook
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.
@Fluff

Thank you for informing , and i am sorry for my stupidity.
i will make sure it does not happen again. If there is anything i can do to make this all good please let me know.

Regards

Upvote 0
Everything is good, just remember to include links, should you cross post in future.

Upvote 0
You can just add event worksheet change in both CENTRAL and Materials worksheets. Code is for Producer column and also Material Used (under Name).
Note that the column in sample sheet and what you described here is not the same. So, just modify column letter accodingly
In Sheet CENTRAL
VBA Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)

If Not Intersect(Range("W6:W200"), Target) Is Nothing Then
    Target.Copy Sheets("Materials").Range("N" & Target.Row)
End If

If Not Intersect(Range("C6:C200"), Target) Is Nothing Then
    Target.Copy Sheets("Materials").Range("C" & Target.Row)
End If

End Sub

In Sheet Materials
VBA Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)

If Not Intersect(Range("N6:N200"), Target) Is Nothing Then
    Target.Copy Sheets("CENTRAL").Range("W" & Target.Row)
End If

If Not Intersect(Range("C6:C200"), Target) Is Nothing Then
    Target.Copy Sheets("CENTRAL").Range("C" & Target.Row)
End If

End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacob_mcbride

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back