Table with a column for due dates and color changes per time

cmz3

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have several client tabs with tables and each table has a column for due dates. How do I change the change the color based on the time left from today? I was able to conditional format one cell but unlike formulas in a table it didn't transfer to all cells in the column. I currently have 4 tabs with over 100 cells each that need to be formatted. This would take forever doing a conditional format on each one. Any ideas?

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
I was able to conditional format one cell but unlike formulas in a table it didn't transfer to all cells in the column.
The best way I have found to do Conditional Formatting on a large range is to select ALL the cells you want to apply it to from the start.
Then, write the Conditional Formatting formula as it applies to the very first cell in your selection, and it should adjust it automatically for all the others in your selection.

If you are still having issues, post the Conditional Formatting rule/formula you are using, and a sample of your data and expected results.

Upvote 0
That didn't work. It changed all cells in the column just based on the 1st cell. Maybe because I have a formatted Table rather than just plain table?

Upvote 0
Please see below. This is what I am trying to do.

Attachments

• Example.JPG
    Example.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 3
Upvote 0
That didn't work. It changed all cells in the column just based on the 1st cell. Maybe because I have a formatted Table rather than just plain table?
If you have multiple columns that you want to be formatted based on the value in one column, you usually need to lock that column down through the use of Absolute/Mixed cell references (see: Absolute, Relative, and Mixed Cell References in Excel).

So if you wanted both columns B and C in row 2 formatted based on the value of column C, the formula would look like:
=$C2>=61
as you want the column to be "fixed" at column C, but want the rows to "float" so it will work for other rows.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back