Target last cell in a list while referencing data in other cells

Jezarooo

Hello,

Hoping this isn't going to pop up multiple times, seem to be having problems posting!

I am working on a schedule tool for tracking training sessions for each of our clients. The final worksheet will be an extremely long list of all clients, lessons, lesson status, and dates.

So far I have created a formulas to automatically handle adjusting the lesson number if a lesson is cancelled. You can see it in action here: https://anglokom.bitrix24.com/~AWuiU

I have two questions:

1. Can anyone see a more elegant way of handling the functions in the "Lesson No." column? I have done it with a large amount of nested IF statements, but it is limited by the number of if statements I have put in there meaning if a client cancels more than about 8 lessons the formula won't work. I could of course add lots more IF statements but I'm wondering if there might be a better way to tackle this?

2. How can I automatically display the appropriate messages in the "Last Lesson" column? I need to be able to check the "Lesson No." against the "Number of Lessons" columns, as well as the clients name group (all unique in the proper version). How can I check to see if the last "Lesson No." cell in each clients group matches, is less than, or is more than the "Number of Lessons" column?

Hope this makes sense! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

J

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Your posts as a new member are subject to auto-moderation rules, you will have received emails/messages from the system stating that this is the case.

Repeating a post will NOT by-pass. As soon as a moderator finds these posts, they are reviewed and mostly approved.

Upvote 0
Your posts as a new member are subject to auto-moderation rules, you will have received emails/messages from the system stating that this is the case.

Repeating a post will NOT by-pass. As soon as a moderator finds these posts, they are reviewed and mostly approved.

OK, thanks for the heads up. I thought it was an issue with my internet as the page stopped loading.

Cheers,

J

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adunn_23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back