Task Scheduler does not work on network file

dosinger

I have a macro-enabled Excel file that, once opened, will refresh the connection (and thereby refresh the data), save the file and exit Excel.

I have tried to use Task Scheduler to have this file be opened automatically, and the internal macro finish the process, but it seems that Task Scheduler will not open the file since it's on a network.

Every suggestion I have seen on various message boards provides a solution that assumes the target file is on the same computer as the Task Scheduler.

Does anybody have a solution for this?

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
It has been a while but I had Access db's on a network that were opened via TS so it was possible then. Probably is now too. The pc that did this was dedicated to running several updates (it wasn't a regular user pc and was always left logged on) but that shouldn't matter for what you are trying to do. However, TS used a desktop shortcut to open the network db, but that was because a command line switch was used to distinguish a regular user opening the db vs TS. I don't think you need a shortcut to open a network file either but you could try that. Perhaps your issue is that the path or some other setting is not correct. IMO TS has a lot of settings/options, which makes it a bit difficult to get set up properly.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sktz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back