The macros in this project are disabled

picklefactory

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Morning all
Weird problem this morning, if anyone else has seen it before. Had a week off, came back in this morning and a spreadsheet I use every week, and have done for a couple of years now, suddenly won't function on ANY macro/VBA. There's quite a lot of VBA in the file and none of it is working now. I've checked all macro settings in Trust Centre, and everything is still fully enabled (Active X enabled, Macro Settings enabled, Protected View is disabled). I can't see anything different to usual.
I have 2 x back ups of this WB, and neither of them will function either now. Other WB's with VBA seem unaffected and work perfectly. I am confused as hell. Why would a perfectly functioning WB suddenly stop working and also the backups that haven't been touched in months?
Any thoughts please folks?

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Hi bebo. No, I do use Application OnTime in other Wb's, but nothing in this one. Is there anywhere else in a specific file that macros can be disabled other than in Trust centre?

Upvote 0
Just as an example, even this simple task at Workbook_Open will not function, if I run that manually I get the 'Macros in this workbook are disabled' message

VBA Code:
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
UserForm1.Show
End Sub

Upvote 0
Hmmm.... I have progress. I just saved the problem WB to my desktop and opened it from there and worked fine again. So maybe it's some sort of network issue as the usual WB is saved in a network folder.

Upvote 0
I'll talk to our IT gang and see what they can come up with and post back later

Upvote 0
Is your Desktop listed as a Trusted location?

Upvote 0
Hi Mark
No, but the standard location is. I've just been told one of my colleagues also had an issue with Excel macros last week. I'm waiting on our IT to update me now.
Cheers

Upvote 0
Just an update on this one in case anyone else ever sees it.
Only just got it sorted. It seems to have been a network mapping issue. Excel wouldn't allow macros to run on any .xlsm on just one specific network drive. It also wouldn't allow me to add that drive as a trusted location due to 'Security settings' (As above, nothing had changed and all the usual macro, active x etc permissions were correct). I had to have our IT guys remap the drive to use the server name rather than the IP address that was set originally. Once we changed that, Excel then allowed trusted locations to be added and once the problem drive was added all macros are now functioning again. Very strange as I've been running this particular WB weekly for over 2 years, so we're wondering if there has been a MS update that has changed something.
Anyway, all back up and running.
Thanks again for the input folks.

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wayneho98

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back