The tax man loves his little games!

Montanes

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I know i can get this but i have been looking for too long and i need a fresh pair of eyes...

In the UK we have different tax brackets applied to work out the total amount to be deducted from a salary and paid to the nice tax man. So, if your annual salary was £150k, you wouldn't pay any tax for the first £12,570, but then pay 19% on the portion between £12,571 and £14,732, the pay 20% on the portion between £14,733 and £25,688, 21% on the portion between £25,689 and £43,662, 42% on the portion between £43,663 and £125,140 and finally 47% on anything above £125,141.

I have set it out as attached where i can enter a salary figure in A4 and hopefully B4:G4 will work out the different tax portions with a total sum in H4. The salary figure can be anything between £20k to £150k so some calculations wont be needed if a salary figure is below the threshold and for a salary of £20k, only £5,267 will be subject to the 20% tax bracket.

If you're from the UK you will already get this, but i accept help from everywhere. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• PAYE.PNG
    PAYE.PNG
    9.8 KB · Views: 15
Apologies for the delay in updating and thanks to all who contributed, its very much appreciated

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back