There isn't enough disk space or memory

horatiu00

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
When I try to perform an update query in Access, I get the following error and the data does not update.
1693486143198.png

I followed the instructions below on the Microsoft page, but it is still not functioning.
1693486247109.png

Please help me fix this issue. Is very important for me. Thank you in advance!

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
How big is your Access database? Are you approaching the 2 GB size limit?

Have you first run a Compact/Repair on your database to reduce the database size?
This is an important maintenance task that should be run periodically, as deleting records in Access does not actually reduce the database size until you purge the deleted records by running a Compact/Repair. If you do not do this, your database size will "bloat" over time.

If you do that, and still do not have enough memory, you can still go ahead and run your query by clicking on "Yes". All it is telling you is that it will not be unable to undo any changes made by the query.

Upvote 0
The DB is having 880 MB. Yes, i did Compact/Repair on it and when i'm runing the update query and click yes the data is not updating :(

Upvote 0
The DB is having 880 MB. Yes, i did Compact/Repair on it and when i'm runing the update query and click yes the data is not updating :(
Are you getting any sort of error message or anything after you click "Yes"?
If not, and the issue is just that nothing is updating, I would question whether you have any records meeting your criteria for updating.
If you temporarily change your query from and "Update Query" to a "Select Query" (but don't Save it!), and view the records, is it returning any records?
If not, no records meet your criteria for updating.

Upvote 0
I have no criteria for updating. I have two tables joined by SerialNumber, and I should update some information in table 1 with the data from table 2. If I make the query Select and Run, the data I want to update is not there, but again, I have no update criteria.

Upvote 0
I have no criteria for updating. I have two tables joined by SerialNumber, and I should update some information in table 1 with the data from table 2. If I make the query Select and Run, the data I want to update is not there, but again, I have no update criteria.
I am not asking about fields being updated, I am just asking if you make it a select query, does it return/show any records in the query?
If the select query returns no records, that means that there are no records to be updated. Maybe there is something wrong with your join (i.e. there are no matching Serial Numbers or they are not the same data type).

Upvote 0
If I change it to a select query, it returns some data but not everything. It worked until a few months ago, and I don't understand why it is not working anymore. The data type is the same, I did a separate select query to see if the matching is working..
1693491733595.png

Upvote 0
Can you switch your Update Query to "SQL View", and copy and paste the SQL code here?
I cannot promise anything, but maybe if we look at it, we will see something stick out.

Upvote 0
Can you switch your Update Query to "SQL View", and copy and paste the SQL code here?
I cannot promise anything, but maybe if we look at it, we will see something stick out.
UPDATE (CMDB INNER JOIN [OSS Germany] ON CMDB.SerialNumber = [OSS Germany].SerialNumber) INNER JOIN [Variant table] ON CMDB.Variante = [Variant table].[BMW Variant] SET CMDB.ShipToHPRegion = [OSS Germany].[ShipToHPRegion], CMDB.SalesMarket = [OSS Germany].[SalesMarket], CMDB.ShipToCountry = [OSS Germany].[ShipToCountry], CMDB.HPOrderNo = [OSS Germany].[HPOrderNo], CMDB.Purchase_Order_No = [OSS Germany].[PurchaseOrderNo], CMDB.PN = [OSS Germany].[ProductNumber], CMDB.ProductDescription = [OSS Germany].[ProductDescription], CMDB.HPProdType = [OSS Germany].[HPProdType], CMDB.PODMonth = [CMDB].[PODDate], CMDB.NetUnitDollarPrice = [OSS Germany].[NetUnitDollarPrice], CMDB.[Currency] = [OSS Germany].[Currency], CMDB.NetUnitPrice = [OSS Germany].[NetUnitPrice], CMDB.InvoiceNo = [OSS Germany].[InvoiceNo], CMDB.InvoiceDate = [OSS Germany].[InvoiceDate], CMDB.HPEFSEntity = [OSS Germany].[InvoiceToAddr1];

Thank you very much !

Upvote 0
I am a bit confused - what role does the "Variant table" play in this?
I see the join between the "CMDB" and "OSS Germany" and the updates involving these tables, but nothing involving the "Variant" table.
If the "Variant" table just used in record selection?

By the way, how many records are being returned by the Select query?
And do you have any errors in any the fields involved in the updates?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back