Time and date stamp with drop down menu

kmsprague

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,

I'm trying to find a way to have a time and date stamp when I reconcile my transactions each month (currently set up to stamp when I click Reconcile button), but need it to stay static to the month of the reconciliation. The reconciliation is tied to a drop down in J1. In other words, when I select the reconciliation month in J1, I need time and date that it was reconciled to populate. Also, I'd like the checkmark and Recon ID in the transactions tab to lock once the Reconciliation button has been clicked. Here's what I currently have:

Transactions Tab:
1716324867112.png

Reconciliation Tab:

Pulls transactions from Transactions Tab based on pull down selection in J1 using =FILTER(Transactions!$A$3:$G$1048576,Transactions!$I$3:$I$1048576=Reconciliation!J1,"") in cell A3.
Cleared Checks (J10) counts the number of items using formula =SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(2,OFFSET(G3,ROW(G3:G80)-ROW(G3),0,1)),--(G3:G80>0)). Same used for Cleared Deposits.

1716324898296.png

Reconciliation Date time stamp is created when you click Reconcile using VBA
1716325299073.png

I hope I've provided enough information. Please let me know if you need more. I'm still in the beginner world with VBA, so I'm sure there's more I could be doing. Thank you in advance for your help!

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duraichandra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back