TIMESTAMP with MIN AND MAX TIMES

kr0nic

Hello everyone! I am new to the forums and this is my first post so please be kind.

My excel version is 2010.

I have 3 operators using a barcode scanner to scan products coming into the factory. They stay in the factory for a period of time and then they are scanned out again.

I require to know the time when a product was scanned in and out.

The problem is that some operators may scan the product multiple times by accident. Therefore I have structured my excel sheet like this:

column A - will be the scan input by operators for both scan in and out times.
column B - will be a timestamp for each scan in column A (I need help on a formula or VBA for this)
column C - currently I am using this formula, is this the best formula to use? {=IFERROR(INDEX($C$2:$C$199,MATCH(0,COUNTIF($A$2:A2,$C$2:$C$400),0)),"")}

column D - will choose the minimum time from the list of C. (I need help on a formula or VBA for this)
column E - will choose the maximum time from the list of C. (I need help on a formula or VBA for this)
column F - will find the time difference between D and E in minutes.

column Acolumn Bcolumn Ccolumn Dcolumn Ecolumn F
this is the barcode scan input timestamp of when the scan was inputteddistinct unique list of column 'A'(min time from list of B for person listed in C)(max time from list of B for person listed in C)time difference between column D and E in minutes

<colgroup><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Sorry for the long post, but I am really stuck.

I have a sample worksheet if need be.

Kind regards

<colgroup><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Before anything I admit I don't quite understand what Column C is about, but you here is a formula for column D:

=INDEX($A$1:$B$99,MATCH(A2,$A$1:$A$99,0),2)

and for Column E (which is an array formula, so enter it and confirm with CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER):

=INDEX($A$1:$B$99,(MAX(ROW($A$1:$A$99)*($A$1:$A$99=A2))),2)

and finally for column F:

=E2-D2

Upvote 0
Welcome to the Board!

How many scans are you talking about? I ask because you could easily overwhelm Excel, so before you invest a lot of development time Access might be a better idea.

Upvote 0
Hi, thank you for your reply.

Column A will be the input for the product. i.e apples.
But the operator may scan apples 2-3 times, so column A will have apples listed 2-3 times.

Column C is to filter out the multiple entries in Column A and have just Apples and the first time it was scanned in .

If you have a better way to doing this, by all means please suggest! :)

Thank you.

Upvote 0
Column C is to filter out the multiple entries in Column A and have just Apples and the first time it was scanned in .

If you have a better way to doing this, by all means please suggest! :)

I would recommend a Pivot Table for that. Actually, now that I think about it, you may not need columns C, D, E or F. Try this:

Highlight columns A & B. Now got to Insert > Pivot Table. Choose where you'd like to put your pivot table (probably a new sheet). Now set your pivot table up like this:

P5bqUWj.png

Then, in E2 put =D2-C2 and drag it down. Done!

Upvote 0
thank you! this works very well. do you have a quick way to making this pivot table auto refresh as soon as someone scans something into column A?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravioli44

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back