Titleless UserForm: Code in wrong(?) Modules...

Rufus Clupea

Board Regular
Hi Folks,

I've been trying to adapt some code from a VBA book, but I can't seem to get it right (most likely because it's all Ελληνικά to me... :oops: ). The code is for a title-less UserForm. Examples are abundant on the Web, but I haven't (yet) found one that does what I'd like to do, the way I'd like to do it. Also, I'm using Excel 2016, and many/most of the examples I've found are >= 10 years old.

The example I have has this in a "standard" Module:

Code:
Option Explicit

Sub ShowUserForm()
    UserForm1.Show
End Sub

Sub ShowUserForm2()
    UserForm2.Show
End Sub

...and this in two different UserForm Modules:

Code:
Option Explicit

[URL=https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=If]#If[/URL]  VBA7 And Win64 Then
    Private Declare PtrSafe Function GetWindowLong Lib "user32" Alias "GetWindowLongA" (ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal nIndex As Long) As Long
    Private Declare PtrSafe Function SetWindowLong Lib "user32" Alias "SetWindowLongA" (ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal nIndex As Long, ByVal dwNewLong As Long) As Long
    Private Declare PtrSafe Function DrawMenuBar Lib "user32" (ByVal hWnd As Long) As Long
    Private Declare PtrSafe Function FindWindowA Lib "user32" (ByVal lpClassName As String, ByVal lpWindowName As String) As Long
[URL=https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=Else]#Else[/URL] 
    Private Declare Function GetWindowLong Lib "user32" Alias "GetWindowLongA" (ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal nIndex As Long) As Long
    Private Declare Function SetWindowLong Lib "user32" Alias "SetWindowLongA" (ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal nIndex As Long, ByVal dwNewLong As Long) As Long
    Private Declare Function DrawMenuBar Lib "user32" (ByVal hWnd As Long) As Long
    Private Declare Function FindWindowA Lib "user32" (ByVal lpClassName As String, ByVal lpWindowName As String) As Long
[URL=https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=End]#End[/URL]  If

Const GWL_STYLE = -16
Const WS_CAPTION = &HC00000

'UserForm position
Dim FormX As Double, FormY As Double

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
    Dim lngWindow As Long, lFrmHdl As Long
    lFrmHdl = FindWindowA(vbNullString, Me.Caption)
    lngWindow = GetWindowLong(lFrmHdl, GWL_STYLE)
    lngWindow = lngWindow And (Not WS_CAPTION)
    Call SetWindowLong(lFrmHdl, GWL_STYLE, lngWindow)
    Call DrawMenuBar(lFrmHdl)
End Sub

Private Sub UserForm_MouseDown(ByVal Button As Integer, ByVal Shift As Integer, ByVal X As Single, ByVal Y As Single)
'   Starting position when button is pressed
    If Button = 1 Then
        FormX = X
        FormY = Y
    End If
End Sub

Private Sub UserForm_MouseMove(ByVal Button As Integer, ByVal Shift As Integer, ByVal X As Single, ByVal Y As Single)
'   Move the form if the left button is pressed
    If Button = 1 Then
        Me.Left = Me.Left + (X - FormX)
        Me.Top = Me.Top + (Y - FormY)
    End If
End Sub

Private Sub CloseButton_Click()
    Unload Me
End Sub

It seemed odd (and inefficient) to me to duplicate this code in 2 UserForm Modules. :confused:

What I'd like to do is have the code that modifies the UserForm (and the code that allows a user to move the UserForm around on the screen) in a single Module, and have the event handler for closing the form in the UserForm Module.

Does that make sense? (I need to save as much space as possible in the UserForm Module due to a large number of Controls on the UserForm.)

TIA

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussieHobbo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back