Today's Date

ddd2009

Office Version
  1. 365
Not sure if there is a solution to this as I have Googled until I cannot Google anymore, any help, advice or just a plane no will be greatly received :)

I have the formula below which looks at a set date in column H and is based on Today(). However, this is my problem as I need Today() to be fixed at that point in time of processing as my spreadsheet is used over 12 months. Today() is a moveable feast and therefore, my calculations would change over time unless there is an alternative to Today()

=ROUND(IF(H2>=TODAY()-365,0,IF(M2<L2,IF(AD2>SUM(L2*52.143/12)-SUM(M2*52.143/12),SUM(L2*52.143/12)-SUM(M2*52.143/12),IF(M2<L2,IF(AD2<=SUM(L2*52.143/12)-SUM(M2*52.143/12),AD2))),0)),1)

Thank you in advance
Angela

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
In formula, no. You would have to manually enter today's date either in the formula or another cell in the row and reference that. Or you could make a macro to perform the calculation when a value is entered into a specific row/column.

Upvote 0
In formula, no. You would have to manually enter today's date either in the formula or another cell in the row and reference that. Or you could make a macro to perform the calculation when a value is entered into a specific row/column.
Thank you, that's what I thought but wanted to get a 2nd opinion, thanks again and back to the drawing board :)

Upvote 0
Similar to what dreid1011 has posted can't you put today's date in a separate cell using Ctrl + ; and reference that?

Upvote 0
Similar to what dreid1011 has posted can't you put today's date in a separate cell using Ctrl + ; and reference that?
Hi, I was trying to get away from adding another column to my extensive spreadsheet, but I think this going to be my easiest option

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back