Too many characters in the cells of my Pivot Table?

SorenN

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi Everybody,
Goal first, then my problem.
My goal is to use the PivotTable to display the Vendor & PO# in two columns such as this using the following formula in my Pivot Table: =CONCATENATEX(Table1,[PO#],", "):
VendorPO#
TopCon Medical612-A2561

My problem is that when I try to move it into the "values" field of my pivot table I receive the error message "This PivotTable field isn't available because it exceeds the total number of characters that a cell can contain."
I am confused as none of the values I entered into that column are over 10 characters, I also received the error message before I added anything to that column. Is Excel counting all characters in the row even though I only want information in once column?

A little Googling led me to this thread in MrExcel: 255 character limit in Pivot Table cell
That led me to try the =LEN function in hopes of teasing out a cell with a really large number of characters. Even though I am not familiar with the =LEN function, I tried this: =LEN([@[PO'#]]) If I understand correctly this will display the number of characters in the respective row in the PO#'s Column. None of the values returned are over 10.
Is there a way to get Excel to realize that none of the values I am entering are over 32767 characters? Or can one of you provide me a workaround to gather this data from my original table?

Thank you for any assistance you can provide!
-Soren

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back