Tricky copy help please

samitnair

Board Regular
Hi

I was looking for a Vb which can copy the data from columns according to the serial numbers....
exanple

1. Enter customer name in Sheet 1 B5)
2. Macro Searches the customer name in sheet 2 (B2:B65536)
3. Copy the data of the particular customer mentioned in multiple rows.
4. Paste it in B19 sheet 1
I have attached the pic of sheet 2 for better understanding

2j10gg0.jpg

Now the problem arises while copying....The data or the details like bill no, date and value are entered in 2 or more lines(refer pic) and....i need assistance in copying the data until the macro finds another serial number (1,2,3)...am taking serial number as a Unique value because there are other details mentioned in Column B (Sheet 2) which are not customer name like tds deducted etc....

Please provide me with relevant step.....any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hi Peter

Hmm ur quite right about downloading....but i assure u its pure xls sheet and virus free.

Error: run time error 9 "Subscript out of range"
and the colored line is ........."With Sheets("Sheet 2")........

I changed it by deleting the space between sheet and 2 but after that it is not responding.

I tried the same code in Office 2003 XP OS (currently using Win7 Office 10) but still there is no response when i enter the customer name

thanks

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
1. That error would indicate that the sheet name in the code and the actual sheet name do not match. You need to ensure they match exactly. Check that there are not any trailing (or leading) spaces in your actual sheet name as that is a common cause of this error.

2. Each time you get that error you are likely to end up with 'events' disabled again. You need to repeat the process I gave in post #8.

Upvote 0
Hi

Thanks for the support....the code worked perfectly...but can we modify the code to insert row in sheet1 B19 and paste the data copied from sheet 2

Regards
Samit Nair

Upvote 0
I don't understand what you mean. Can you explain again using different wording?

The current code clears everything in Sheet 1 in columns B:D from row 19 down before it puts new data in. Do you still want that to happen? If not, what should happen to any existing data in Sheet 1, cols B:D, row 19 and below?

Upvote 0
Sorry pardon my Indian english ..............I have pasted the sheet for your understanding

15a620.jpg

This is the destination sheet (Sheet1).....and am trying to fill this sheet automatically...

The code u have given works fine.....but the command "clear content" also deletes the lines highlighted "red". I found a solution and entered the text in column A as the "clear content" command works only in column B:D......

I would need the Macro to be modified to insert rows in sheet 1 and then paste the data copied from sheet 2. (so that the data marked in "red" moves down and doesn't get deleted)

Hope u would be able to understand me

Upvote 0
There seems to have been a bit of changing columns and rows so this may not quite fit your circumstances, but here is a slightly different approach. Again test in a copy of your file.

<font face=Courier New><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Private</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN> Worksheet_Change(<SPAN style="color:#00007F">ByVal</SPAN> Target <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> Range)<br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> CustName <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">String</SPAN><br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> CustFound <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> Range<br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> FirstRow <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Long</SPAN>, LastRow <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Long</SPAN>, r <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Long</SPAN>, rws <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Long</SPAN><br>        <br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Const</SPAN> NameCell <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">String</SPAN> = "B5"<br>    <br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Not</SPAN> Intersect(Target, Range(NameCell)) <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Is</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Nothing</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Then</SPAN><br>        CustName = Range(NameCell).Value<br><br>        Application.EnableEvents = <SPAN style="color:#00007F">False</SPAN><br>        <br>        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Not</SPAN> IsEmpty(Range("B19")) <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Then</SPAN><br>            Range("B19").CurrentRegion.EntireRow.Delete<br>        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN><br>            <br>        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN> CustName <> vbNullString <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Then</SPAN><br>            <SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN> Sheets("Sheet 2")<br>                <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Set</SPAN> CustFound = .Columns("B").Find(What:=CustName, LookIn:=xlValues, _<br>                    LookAt:=xlWhole, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False)<br>                <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN> CustFound <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Is</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Nothing</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Then</SPAN><br>                    MsgBox CustName & " not found"<br>                <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Else</SPAN><br>                    FirstRow = CustFound.Row<br>                    r = FirstRow<br>                    LastRow = .Range("G" & .Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row<br>                    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Do</SPAN><br>                        r = r + 1<br>                    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Loop</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">While</SPAN> .Range("A" & r).Value = "" And r <= LastRow<br>                    rws = r - FirstRow<br>                    Rows(19).Resize(rws).Insert<br>                    Range("B19").Resize(rws, 3).Value = _<br>                        CustFound.Offset(, 3).Resize(rws, 3).Value<br>                <SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN><br>            <SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN><br>        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN><br>        Application.EnableEvents = <SPAN style="color:#00007F">True</SPAN><br>        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN><br></FONT>

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayEggleton

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back