Trying to Sun a Row to the right of cell

Wheelman666

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am trying to create a simple table to keep track of stuff. the firs 4 columns are static info i need. the i have a column marked totals. i would sum to keep the "total" cell up to date as I add numbers to the right of this cell only. and yes i can do it with a basic sum feature and just keep adjusting the cells involved, but is there a way for the total cell to simply add ALL of the row to the right of this cell with any other adjustments?
i have read some of the SUMIF and SUMPRODUCT and it seems that the SUMIF might work, but i just can't figure out the syntax for it.

EX: A1 to A3 - text F3-Total Count F3 contains the SUM function and would constantly add Row-cells G6 to 6 Infinite and deduct from D3. So basic function - =D3-SUM(G3:I3) BUT i want to be able to add info into cells J3, I3, k3, l3 and so on without having to constantly edit the range in cell F3

A​
B
C​
D​
E​
F​
G​
H​
I​
Product namePriceOptions7/15 TotalCurrent Stock8/31 Show9/12 Show9/28 Show
Pen
$1.00​
NA
25​
0​
4​
9​

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
What about just making the range very big like this?
Excel Formula:
=D3-SUM(G3:ZZ3)

BTW, it would make your requirement much easier to understand if you were more careful with your cell descriptions.
Examples
A1 to A3 - text
Didn't you mean A3 to C3?

add Row-cells G6 to 6 Infinite and deduct from D3
Didn't you mean G3 to 3 Infinite??

Upvote 0
Solution
What about just making the range very big like this?
Excel Formula:
=D3-SUM(G3:ZZ3)

BTW, it would make your requirement much easier to understand if you were more careful with your cell descriptions.
Examples

Didn't you mean A3 to C3?

Didn't you mean G3 to 3 Infinite??
sorry i did mess up a bit.
Column A, B, C are just text boxes.

D3 would be a static number, the total count at the given time.
F3 is the current updating count.
and G3 and every cell to the right, ROW 3, is what i am trying to sum up and add/subtract form F3.
and yes i could simply preset the sum function to include G3 to ZZZ3, but i didn't want to have to sheet constantly updating way to many cells that are not needed.
So i was looking for the right formula that would expand as needed.

Upvote 0
yes i could simply preset the sum function to include G3 to ZZZ3, but i didn't want to have to sheet constantly updating way to many cells that are not needed.
If the columns to the right have nothing in them there will be nothing to cause Excel to "constantly update" those formulas.
In any case, I suspect that any formula that worked out exactly which column to sum to would be more onerous to calculate tan simply summing a larger range (of probably mostly empty cells) as I have suggested.

BTW, you could not sum to ZZZ3 as a sheet does not contain that many columns. ;)
Just make the range big enough to be sure to cover any amount of data that you might have.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back