Turning a list of dates into an availability calendar

Teapotlid

I've got a list of names & dates (person X available on 16th Sept from 09:00 to 12:00 type thing) which I'd like to show visually so it looks like a calendar. I'm thinking the calendar would be a little table with days in columns & half hour time slots in rows.
I was wondering if I could pop formulae into the calendar so that it showed the name (or names) of people available at those times based on the availability list.

I guess the availability list is really just a mini database & the calendar a means of pulling out that data.

It seemed an easy ask but I'm a bit stumped. Any ideas?
I'm using Excel 2013.

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
Do you have Outlook too? If so that's what I would do rather then trying to rebuild an entire calendar infrastructure within excel (Although yes, I have tried :wink:).

You could then create a Calendar for each person and that would let you switch calendars on and off based on the person you want to see.

I know it's probably not the answer you were looking but I do believe that would be your best course.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamil ahmed

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back