U.S State abbreviation to full state name

rishi.ssh

Board Regular
Hi all,
First of all i would like to introduce myself i am new this forum and also new to excel macro function and how it works.
I am facing some difficulty while using excel....i have alot of data everyday to work upon....
Dear friends i would like your help if someone could help me out to replace all the U.S states abbreviations in full name....For example AZ to ARIZONA,CO to COLORADO and so on for all short names to full.....My abbreviation is in Column B of a sheet....down by down and many are there...i just want that a macro just replace all the abbreviation and convert them to Full name....Please i am urgently in need of this...and alot of time will be saved of mine....Your help will be highly appreciated.

Secondly is there and way of custom filtering of data in a column so that i just have only the value which is attached with a hyphen i mean "-"
for example it will be like xyz-452,kju-111,RTL-524. More details i will provide that Suppose my data is in column A1 "rgtf | 526435 | puj-624 | 363rgy" column A2 "5171 | TYT-415 | puj-624 | 3686A" and so on similar with in all column A down by down..... I want also an macro or any way so that i have just data in column A that filters my result to just have Values attached with an hyphen(-)..... Like in a1 puj-624....and in a2 TYT-415....and all other is removed...can this happen...i cannot use delimate or width...saperation....Lower and upper case both...
Note my those data is in column A....also There is everytime 3 alphabets than an hyphen(-) and than just 3 numbers....
Please help.
Thankx in advance

Hi rishi.ssh,

My routine quits when a null cell is encountered in the active cell row.

Is your data continuous or do you have a break?

Be sure to start the macro in a complete continuous row and it shouldn't stop until the end of data. If you need to have a break in the data, we can recode the way it quits.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
No my row isint blank...and whenever it finds any 0 than it itself returns 0....The rows are continous...Anywayz....Could u please help me out with extracting Data from similar mails from outlook...??? This thread is sloved....All thankx with you..i do not feel necessary that u need to work on this macro actually....Please help me regarding extraction data from mail body from outlook...And sorry for replying late i was out of town for some days.

Upvote 0
Ok i have extracted data from mail into excel...now i guess you can help me out...because i wanna extract two fields of data .... Buyer Id and Comission. which follows a patters similar in all mails just as i will show you below.Buyer ID: xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxxCOMISSION: -$5.2 They are exactly in same patterN like if a macro can find "ID:" I i will began extraction leaving space than the value untill next space is encountered and post in into adjacent column against same cell... Also next it should also find "COMISSION:" AND start extracting value after a aspace till a space or till the value finishes..in another column..Like if data is in B2 ..ID Should come in C2 And Commission in D2....NOTE: EVERY ID CONSISTS OF 19 character no less no more including "-".Commission is of variable length Like -$5.2 or 15.28 or 124.80 ....Upto two decimle points...Please help...

Upvote 0
Hi Rishi.ssh,

If the data are all in the same column then you can select the topmost cell and play this macro:

Code:
Sub ExtractIDComm(): Dim i As Integer, j As Integer, S As String
S = ActiveCell
If S = "" Then Exit Sub
i = InStr(1, S, "ID:")
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1) = Mid(S, i + 4, 19)
j = InStr(i + 23, S, ":")
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 2) = Mid(S, j + 1, Len(S) - j + 1)
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
ExtractIDComm
End Sub

Upvote 0
@exadept...surely i will try...and Will it also extract commission: in column Other column against same Id..??

Upvote 0
also commission: and id: can be anywhere....for example..Cell A will look likeThis is your new buyer information Bla bla.....

Buyer ID: 143-2222222-7777777

Buyet Name: Michele cohle

Address: xxxxxx xxxx

Other Information: Xyz
COMISSION: -$51.19

Then more other linesNow what i want in B2 is just the IDAND C2 just the commission in this case -$51.19R u in fb..?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Rishi.ssh,

Maybe you could post a few examples, because I relied on the previous example:

Code:
[TABLE="width: 342"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="width: 342"]Buyer ID:   xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxxCOMISSION: -$5.2
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Upvote 0
I gave you example... Just it should extract content after ID: AND COMMISSION: from the cell..which can be any anywhere in the cell..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Rishi.ssh,

Is there something after the comission? If so the macro must be amended.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John4520

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back