UDF category is not updating in Function List

verckensr

Hi there,

My company has created an Excel Add-In (.xla file) with vba code in order to create our own functions.
Each function is placed in a category so it can be selected from the Function List.

My colleague has made a mistake in the category name for one function, so now we're faced with 1 function that stands out of the rest...

When I update the Category attribute of Application.MacroOptions, to align with the rest of the functions, it still doesn't group with the others.

Here's a piece of the code...

Public Sub FunctionsHelp()
Application.MacroOptions Macro:="DESCR_G", Description:="Return the General account description." & vbCrLf & "Parameters : General_Account = The General account (Number or Abbreviation)", Category:="EASI Financials - Base"
Application.MacroOptions Macro:="DESCR_A1", Description:="Return the Analytical account description." & vbCrLf & "Parameters : A1 = The Analytical account (Number or Abbreviation)", Category:="EASI Financials - Base"

So basically both functions "DESCR_G" and "DESCR_A1" should show up in the category "EASI Financials - Base"...
Unfortunately, the first one still shows up in the old category "EASI Financials - Basics" (which is not visible here).

Is there anyway to auto-refresh the Functions List in MS Excel so function categories are automatically updated?

- Xla can be used in MS Excel 2010 and 2013 (same problem)
- I've already de-activated the Add-In then re-activating it

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Regards.
VerckensR

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChrisNoMates

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back