Unable to Connect Access Database to PowerPivot

Mavericks334

Hi,

I am unable to connect access database to powerpivot. I tried the database located on my shared drive. Installed the sample Northwind database as well to check and see if it is the error with my database. Below is the error i get.

============================
Error Message:

Unspecified error
----------------------------
Failed to connect to the server. Reason: Unspecified error

Call Stack:

at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionInternal..ctor(OleDbConnectionString constr, OleDbConnection connection)
at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.TryOpenConnectionInternal(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.TryOpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open()
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.BackEnd.RelationalDataSourceConnection.InitializeConnectionObject(String connectionIdentifier)
----------------------------
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.BackEnd.RelationalDataSourceConnection.InitializeConnectionObject(String connectionIdentifier)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.BackEnd.RelationalDataSourceConnection.Open(String& connectionIdentifier)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.BackEnd.RelationalDataSourceConnection.Open()
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Common.DataSourceBasic.TestConnection()
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Common.DataSourceBasic.ClickTestConnection(Object progressControl)

Any idea how do i resolve this. If i create tables in excel it is working fine with PowerPivot if i try to get them from an external source i am facing issues. I am using excel 2010.

Regards,
Renato.

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aides

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back