Unable to connect to the Analysis server.

trvannoy

When I try to launch the Powerpivot window from a new spreadsheet I get the following error: "Unable to connect to the Analysis server. The server name '$Embedded$' was not found. Please verify that the name you entered is correct, and then try again."

I can open the Powerpivot Window in an established spreadsheet that has the Powerpivot tables linked, but not a new one.

I work in a large corporate environment and if I don't have specific information on how to correct the problem our outsourced IT department is useless. Powerpivot to them is a foreign language so I need to have a solution I can walk them through.

Kindest Regards,
Travis</SPAN>

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
I found the fix for this error. I went to Add/Remove Programs on the control panel. I found the program call "Microsoft SQL Server PowerPivot for Excel" program listed in the currenlty installed programs. I was going to just remove it and do an reinstall of Powerpivot, however, when I went to uninstall I noticed an option to "Repair". I ran the repair and it so far seems to correct my connection to the Analysis Server error.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJFabEngineering

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back