Unexpected Error (419)

searchlight

Board Regular
Using Excel 2003

Sent a copy zipped to client using shared system and when the file is opended this message pops up.

Any ideas? Can't seem to find anything on this.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Is there any error description that comes up with the error message?

I saw some reference to 419 errors mentioning objects and ActiveX controls. Does the Excel file contain any VBA or ActiveX controls or other objects? They may not have the libraries containing those objects available or selected.

Upvote 0
Yes the message box has a header that reads Mocrosoft Visual Basic wit the 419 as the message.

I do have macros that perform a varied number of actions using a single userform for each sheet (Mon - Fri)

I have a macro that runs as soon as the workbook is opened to save the workbook (when first opened that week) with a unique name and/or sets the worksheet to the corresponding day of the week.

However that all works fine here on our shared system.

Note: I disabled the start up macro but now get An unexpected error has occured. AutoRecover has been disabled for this session of Excel.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Open the file on your system, go to the VB Editor, go to the Tools menu and select Refererences. Note all the References you have selected.

Now have the user who is experiencing the neighbor do the same. Are they missing any of these references? If so, that is probably the cause of the error.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the assist. It appears that the other user doesn't even have the ability in his network to chage the security settings. So we will have to talk to his IT to get this going i guess.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Yep, that could create problems if they cannot elect to enable your VBA code.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back