Unfreeze panes not working

r0bism123

Board Regular
Hello,

I'm having an issue unfreezeing panes throughout multiple pages of my workbook. I've unlocked the workbook structure and all of the sheets in the workbook and the freeze pane icon remains greyed out.

I researched other threads on this issue and I verified the workbook is not protected, there is no split screens on any of the sheets nor am I in Page Layout View.

What is interesting, under File --> Info --> Protect Workbook, there is a yellow box and it says, "The Structure of the workbook has been locked to prevent unwanted changes, such as moving, deleting or adding sheets." It seems to be permanately locked for some reason. I've tried 100 times to unlock the workbook structure via Review --> Protect Workbook and under File --> Info --> Protect Workbook --> Protect Workbook Structure.

Any ideas to fix this issue? Thanks in advance.

error.jpg

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Go to review and click on Protect Workbook. If it is password protected, then it will ask you for the password.

Upvote 0
As far as I know, it cannot be unlocked under the file info menu, only the review menu.

Is the workbook read only?
Has the workbook been finalised, which also makes it read only?

Have you tried saving it as another filename and then un-protecting it?

Is there any VBA code, which is keeping it locked? I have done that before. Not with the structure, but to prevent changes to the workbook.

Can you protect and un-protect a new workbook?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the additional ideas, CountTepes.

I tried everything you suggested and no luck. I confirmed workbook isn't read only nor has it been finalized. Yes, I renamed it and tried to reopen. I also renamed it and saved it as a .xlsb file and reopening. I checked all my VBA code and there is nothing locking the workbook structure. I even went as far to delete all of the worksheets and Modules and no luck. When I deleted everything, I found a second workbook object called "Sheet81". I didn't think it possible to have more than one Workbook object, so, I tried to delete it and remove is greyed out.

See screen shot below. I think my Excel VBA Project generated multiple workbook objects in error. You can see I have the standard "ThisWorkbook" workbook object. However, Sheet81 also turned into a workbook object, leaving the original worksheet as a copy of the previous one, minus the VBA code.

I have a feeling this is the cause of my issue but I figure out how to delete it. Any thoughts to delete this second workbook object?

Sheet81.jpg

Upvote 0
I'm guessing from the look of some of the worksheet names you are not at liberty to upload a copy of the file and provide us with a link to have a look at it?

Upvote 0
I'm guessing from the look of some of the worksheet names you are not at liberty to upload a copy of the file and provide us with a link to have a look at it?
No, I can’t sorry. This file is trade secret for my company. Bummer...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Healthydogs

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back