Unscramble letter set

Renaria

Platform
  1. Mobile
So as the title suggests I am looking to make a search/find box (anything else fitting the need actually) that will allow a set of jumbled letters to be placed into a box. Those letters are then run through a certain cell section of user provided information to find the cell using only those letters. The result would then be displayed in the next cell over.

Example:
Typing in "fnseltileakoggsp" in box would find; Platelegs of Kings ind the cell database. Platelegs of Kings would then show up in the cell to the right of the searched letters.

Is this possible? I have looked at many videos and sites on find and search function and comparisons of the two. I have even browsed a few word scramble sites using excel although those are the reverse of what I am looking to do (putting in a word and then mixing the letters around.) I stumbled upon this site and figured to give it a shot. Thank you in advance!

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
I know that his may not be as simple as I think it is. I am just trying to see if it is within the realm of possibility before I jump down the rabbit hole like Alice did. To me all this is my own wonderland of confusion so to speak. Thinking of applying this to other things to help my kids do better in school with their comprehension if I can get this to work.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fragment

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back