Unviewable+ for excel vba protection

andrewkoay

Hi all,

I'm seriously considering a purchase of Unviewable+ (it supposedly utilizes binary code level changing to protect code from being easily viewed). However, it seems to be still in beta, and there are little reviews over the internet? Has anyone bought it on this forum and if yes, could you share a bit more about your experiences with it?

I once tried to see if I can recode my add-in to VB6 or .NET but it was way too much work for 4000 lines of Excel VBA code. I guess I'll be going down the obsfucation road then....maybe something like CrunchCode.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Kyle
I am the Unviewable+ author. Thanks for not posting hacking how-to instructions, as a lot of developers depend on the app to protect their IP

As stated in the campaign and product webpages, Unviewable+ VBA was developed to allow antivirus scanners to read VBA code. Only Secure++ denies access to VBA code:

Secure++ VBA Compiler for Microsoft Office Excel - Spreadsheet1 - Excel Data Analytics

From you posts, you appear to be quite talented and experienced developer. However, I have some doubts about your claims. Did you manage to make the project in the Ultimate protected addin VISIBLE as normal, without using any special software?

Can you please send me a file copy privately email: info@spreadsheet1.com

Quote from a U+ user:
"We all know – with VBA – we are only (attempting) to keep the (mostly honest) folks – honest – lol. If the tool will keep the 99% of amateurs out of the code, I can live with the others, as they know tons more than I do to begin with, and if they wanted to – they would write what I write – better – more efficient – and significantly cleaner to boot!!"

Upvote 0
After a private discussion Kyle, here is a summary of what was achieved:

'VBA code was read from Unviewable+ protected files using Windows software, but VBA projects were neither visible nor accessible from within Excel'

This vulnerability has been disclosed. I believe that Kyle is a full stack MS developer.

Upvote 0
Hi. This is a question for Kyle123.
I've spent a lot of time on looking at protection of VBA code. Your comments on post #8 seem to make sense.
Can you please send a link on how to "write code as an addin that compiles".
Can it be done by someone with an average knowledge of VBA.

Upvote 0
This is a question to PetrosXL.
Can you elaborate on the following:
'VBA code was read from Unviewable+ protected files using Windows software, but VBA projects were neither visible nor accessible from within Excel'

I don't know the difference between "VBA code" and "VBA project".

Upvote 0
This is a question to PetrosXL.
Can you elaborate on the following:

I don't know the difference between "VBA code" and "VBA project".
VBA project is code stored inside moduls , while VBA code may refer to code inside workseets.
Unviewable+ have disclosed the vulnerability of VBA code stored in workseets, and advised users to move that code into moduls.

Upvote 0
In the phrasing we agreed upon, VBA Code and VBA project could be used interchangeably - there's no difference as far as accessing the code is concerned

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back