Unwanted Autocorrect is causing an error

Steve48

I am having an autocorrect problem. Excel is Microsoft® Excel® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2306 Build 16.0.16529.20002) 64-bit

I am trying to declare a variable as a PivotTable. Excel keeps changing it to pivotTable with a lower case P which causes an error

I added the these items in the autocorrect options as shown below, but when I reopen this, they have disappeared.
1687695322214.png

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
Are you trying to do this in VBA?

If you try to type "PivotTable" in VBA, and it keeps changing it to "pivotTable", that seems to imply that you may already have an object (Procedure, Function, Variable, etc) in VBA already defined that is named "pivotTable". I would recommend searching your whole project in the VBA Edtior for the value "pivotTable" and see if you can find it.

Just go to the VB Editor, hit CTRL+F, and fill out like below, and click "Find Next".
1687701039653.png

Upvote 0
Are you trying to do this in VBA?

If you try to type "PivotTable" in VBA, and it keeps changing it to "pivotTable", that seems to imply that you may already have an object (Procedure, Function, Variable, etc) in VBA already defined that is named "pivotTable". I would recommend searching your whole project in the VBA Edtior for the value "pivotTable" and see if you can find it.

Just go to the VB Editor, hit CTRL+F, and fill out like below, and click "Find Next".
View attachment 94216
I would also suggest clicking into the "Match Case" checkbox so it will only find that particular text spelled that way.

Upvote 0
I have done this. I have multiple local variables defined this way. They are all changed autocorrected from PivotTable to pivotTable

Upvote 0
I have done this. I have multiple local variables defined this way. They are all changed autocorrected from PivotTable to pivotTable
Did you try what I suggested up in the first reply in this thread?
You may have some interference going on. You want to at least rule that out.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HellScout

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back