Urgent Help Need On A Formula

ranjith2523

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Hi Friends,

Hope everyone doing good !!!

After a long time, again i am seeking experts help.

I have a data like i provided in first column in below Table.

I have applied the formula "=SUBSTITUTE(A2," ","#",1)" in cell B2 and i got the expected output in column B as expected in 3rd column for first product alone.

The cell A2 has 7 spaces and my above substitute formula has 7 spaces hence i got the result which i expected.

But my expectation is, i need a single formula which should remove all the spaces and replace with "#" as i mentioned in column C.

I hope some excel experts will help me to get the formula which i am looking for.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Regards,
Ranjith

DataOutputExpected
HA325A1 7WRHA325A1#7WRHA325A1#7WR
HA325A1 7WRHA325A1 7WRHA325A1#7WR
HA325A1 7WRHA325A1 7WRHA325A1#7WR
HA325A1 7WSHA325A1 7WSHA325A1#7WS
HA325A1 7X2HA325A1 7X2HA325A1#7X2
HA325A1 7XCHA325A1 7XCHA325A1#7XC
HA325AB1 7XCHA325AB1 7XCHA325AB1#7XC

Yes, i tried that in wrong order :) How stupid i am :)

Thanks for your time and help Joe .. much appreciated..
You are welcome.

Don't be so hard on yourself! Its good that you were able to figure out which functions were needed.
Sometimes, it can be a little tricky to get it just right, and a little help is required.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
You are welcome.

Don't be so hard on yourself! Its good that you were able to figure out which functions were needed.
Sometimes, it can be a little tricky to get it just right, and a little help is required.
Thanks for your kind advice !!! It means a lot :) In today's world peoples don't even like to help others but you peoples are exception.. You are not only just helping you are feeding knowledge and that makes some difference in skill set which helps on their career. I am not saying this for just helping on my formula .. You peoples are helping so many peoples .. Hats off to you all :)

Upvote 0
Thanks for your kind advice !!! It means a lot :) In today's world peoples don't even like to help others but you peoples are exception.. You are not only just helping you are feeding knowledge and that makes some difference in skill set which helps on their career. I am not saying this for just helping on my formula .. You peoples are helping so many peoples .. Hats off to you all :)
Thank you for the kind words!
:)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ASBeard

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back