Use a CARD Visual to SUM the results of a COLUMN in a TABLE Visual

Simonc64

Office Version
  1. 365
Hi All, am very new to Power BI and cant seem to find a solution to this problem, despite it appearing a very simple thing to do.

Quite siimply i have a table visual that lists all customers by name and reference number, and also displays several other columns of data including a "Number of Orders" total. There are several filters on this visual and i have a slicer to select different types of customer - all fairly standard.

Quite simply what id like to do, above the table next to the various slicers is have a card visual that totals the number of orders across all customers determined by the slicers.

I have researched this, and havent found any solution yet. It sounds so simple and i apologies for that. Am hopeful that someone here will be able to help me

Cheers!

Simon

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Hi Simon,
Maybe you got sorted in the meantime.
This is what id do. (well actually id write a DAX measure!.. it should be quite simple something like = distinctcount(OrderTable[Orders])

Anyway.. this should work.
Duplicate your table... then remove row detail (customer name/reference number/anything else/just leave orders in the values "well") from this new table and set the aggregation to sum.
Essentially you should be left with a table displaying exactly what you want on a card (Must be 1 value only for a card IIRC), then change the visual type to card.
HTH or at least steers you int he right direction,
Marty.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back