Use Data from Excel to Create Heat Map on an Image?

chandelirious

Board Regular
Hi everyone, I wonder if you can help me.

It's a while since I've visited, but I'm in a pickle - I've got a situation that I'm sure can be solved with Excel, but I don't know how to implement it.

Let me state from the start that I have no clue with VBA, so if the solution involves that, I'm very willing to try, but will probably need explicit instructions...

Okay, that aside, here goes.

I've got a map of a city, divided into 75 territories. Every so often, a territory is visited. I need to keep records of when that happens.

I'm then responsible to make sure that territories are visited regularly and evenly.

I currently keep a record of this in Excel, with columns that state if a territory is currently being visited, when it was last visited in terms of days/weeks. Using basic conditional formatting this data is colour-coded - ie, if a territory is currently being visited, it's green, if it was visited within the last 2 weeks it's yellow, the orange, then red, etc.

However, I have an actual image of the map too.

I want to use Photoshop, GIMP, or something else to create layers on the map, with all 75 territories. Then, I want to be able to maybe export that data to Photoshop/GIMP, and the layers , which overlay the map, will auto-change colour (semi-transparently) depending on when the territory was last visited.

Phew. Is this possible?

If needed, I can upload the data so that you've got more of an idea of what I'm talking about.

Cheers in advance!

Chandelirious.

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back