User Forms for excel

Haidi

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Ive been asked to create a template that can create a form (pref. MSForms) in excel. Except what I want it to do is beyond my scope.
In Sheet2 i have a table with Key Performance Areas as the header and KPIs for those KPAs in the rows.
I need Sheet1 to generate a dropdown in B8 of all the KPA headers from Sheet2. I then need this selection from the dropdown to create a table further down the page of the KPA in the first row with the KPIs below. Every time I select a new item from the dropdown (great if it could also reset between selections) i need those associated KPA/Is to add to the bottom of the table.

I then need these 3 columns to generate the form. I assume I can do this via Excel online if the format is correct which i suspect it currently isn't. I did wonder if perhaps this is better in Word but I don't want to copy and paste answers at the other end.
example.gif

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Have a look here for step by step instructions on creating UserForms
And at the same site for dropdown lists

Upvote 0
Have a look here for step by step instructions on creating UserForms
And at the same site for dropdown lists
Hi Michael,
thanks for your reply, I have had a look at the user forms and it doesn't quite do what I want it to. All I need is 3 drop down lists on sheet1, with the 3rd being a multi select, to autofill a table also on sheet 1 matching the criteria from a table on sheet 2. How would I go about this please? I think this should be quite simple but Im not having much luck.

Upvote 0
The dropdown instructions are in post #2....2nd link
If you need a dynamic dropdown, you would ned to use this.....

Upvote 0
The dropdown instructions are in post #2....2nd link
If you need a dynamic dropdown, you would ned to use this.....
Hmm no problem with the dropdowns, they are working and not dependent. However, they are used to select the lookup criteria for the table on sheet 2 to populate 2 columns in the table on sheet1, not populate their own table. I want a table generated from these dropdowns, not to use the dropdowns to create a list. You will need to explain your thinking in basic terms for me because , and I apologize, I might be missing some of your logic.

Upvote 0
Sounds more like you need a VBA solution....I don't have EXcel ATM, so hopefully someone can jump in and assist!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bsb1122

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back