Userform Controls

jlefebvre

I'm trying to find a control that's on a userform, but can't see it. I know it's there because I see it in the object browser, but it must be behind another object.

Any thoughts?

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.

Norie

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Jeff

Is this in design view?

If so just select it from the dropdown window at the top of the property sheet.

Then goto Format>Order>Bring to Front (Ctrl+J).

chicagodiceman

Click on the object name in the object browser and check to make sure the "visible" property is set to TRUE

jlefebvre

when i click on the name, where can i see the properties? they don't show up in the properties window?

however, i did just run a routine and put in a break and looked at the visible property and it says that it is visible. but i still can't find it!! it's position is 1,1 so it's not in negative territory.

thoughts?

jeff

chicagodiceman

Select your userform in the project window. Below that should be the properties window with a dropdown list. From that list, select the object you're looking for. It will "select" the object on the form and the properties for that object will appear below the dropdown.

I think Norie has the right idea and after you select the object, try to bring it to the front.

jlefebvre

That did it! Thanks!!

I had never figured out how to navigate to the individual controls using the Properties Box.

Thanks,

Jeff

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloalex