Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
  3. Web
Hi

I've been using power bi for a few weeks now and I've hit a bit of a brick wall . I'm combining two files to produce a staff training report. The first file is a list of all the current staff, and the second is a list of all the training that has been completed by staff number and the course ID.

I'm trying to build a report that will allow the end user to build their own specific requirements using a slicer to pick the courses they are testing for and the hierarchy you want. I've got it to the stage where the table works and just shows the tests that you've selected.

The final item that I'm trying to build is a calculation of the number of colleagues you've selected that have completed all the tests you've picked. I thought it would be a matter of building a column that is per file ID if the number of completions = the number of selected courses is the same return 1, otherwise return 0 then sum. However it appears that the calculations are ignoring the slicer?

Is there any way I can get this calculation to work?

1620403938926.png

Example Hierarchy File
1620403965335.png

Example Course FIle

For example if the end user selected Team A and Course A it should return a result of 4 colleagues, but if they select Course A and Course B it should be 1.

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StorageQueen24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back