Using Excel as a web-based computational model / interactive survey tool - is this possible?

Gromit12

Hi all,

I work for a small company and I often develop spreadsheet tools that take various user inputs (dropdowns, sliders etc - forms controls mainly), perform some calculations (with or without VBA), show outputs (charts etc) and record user input settings, comments etc. Typically I only need to distribute these to a handful of people so I just send them each the spreadsheet and wait for them to email them back to me.

I'm wondering with the advent of Office 2016 and all that whether there might be options that would allow me to achieve the same ends via some kind of web-app / browser-based form? I've played with the basic survey feature in Online Office but this is too limited - I need to have user inputs linked to my model and show outputs as someone uses the interface.

Anyone any thoughts on how this might be done? Is this something that might be possible with the help of a developer maybe? I'm just not sure where to start and I have no idea whether this is a pipedream or something viable with a bit of effort. I'd be willing to invest some time and $ into this if it were remotely doable.

Anyway, any suggestions to put me on the right path would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenmaldonado

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back