Using 'For Each' loop in Ms Excel VBA

umgbemena

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
For each Match in the workbook,I wish to add the value in the B cell of worksheet1 and the value in the C cell of worksheet2 and display the result if less than 100. This same process is repeated for worksheet1 and worksheet3 and on until worksheet10. The iteration now starts from worksheet2 and worksheet3 and so on until worksheet2 and worksheet10. Iteration continues beginning from worksheet3 and the value in C cell of worksheet4...until worksheet3 and C cell value of worksheet10. The last iteration for match1 would be the use of the value in the B cell of sheet9 and the value in C cell of sheet10. This will happen before the loop goes to Match2 and executes the above iteration process all over again until the last Match (Match10) is looped through with the corresponding iteration through the cells as above and finally displays all values less than 100 through the message box.

Attachments

• trialcoding3.png
    trialcoding3.png
    126.3 KB · Views: 14

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
A lot of detail not specified but with assumptions you should be able to work with the code below.

VBA Code:
Sub t()
Dim i As Long, c As Range, fn As Range, adr As String
    For i = 2 To 10
        With Sheets(1)
            For Each c In .Range("A2", .Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp))
                Set fn = Sheets(i).Range("A:A").Find(c.Value, , xlValues, xlWhole)
                If Not fn Is Nothing Then
                    adr = fn.Address
                    Do
                        If fn.Offset(, 1).Value < 100 Then
                            .Cells(c.Row, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Offset(, 1) = fn.Offset(, 1).Value
                        End If
                        Set fn = Sheets(i).Range("A:A").FindNext(fn)
                    Loop While fn.Address <> adr
                End If
            Next
        End With
    Next
End Sub

Upvote 0
For each Match in the workbook,I wish to add the value in the B cell of worksheet1 and the value in the C cell of worksheet2 and display the result if less than 100. This same process is repeated for worksheet1 and worksheet3 and on until worksheet10. The iteration now starts from worksheet2 and worksheet3 and so on until worksheet2 and worksheet10. Iteration continues beginning from worksheet3 and the value in C cell of worksheet4...until worksheet3 and C cell value of worksheet10. The last iteration for match1 would be the use of the value in the B cell of sheet9 and the value in C cell of sheet10. This will happen before the loop goes to Match2 and executes the above iteration process all over again until the last Match (Match10) is looped through with the corresponding iteration through the cells as above and finally displays all values less than 100 through the message box.
I could provide more details if you wish. What more details do you need.

Upvote 0
None, if the code worked. If it did not work, tell me what it did do, error message, line of code highlighted when Debug button is clicked, etc.

Upvote 0
None, if the code worked. If it did not work, tell me what it did do, error message, line of code highlighted when Debug button is clicked, etc.
I copied and pasted the code in my Ms Excel VBA editor and then clicked on "Run" but didn't notice any response. See attached image. Thanks.

Attachments

• test.png
    test.png
    109.3 KB · Views: 9
Upvote 0
Test set up, based on Post #1 info produced additional entries in columns D, E of sheet 1 for me. I did not use the full 10 sheets for testing. For the code to produce results, sheet 1 must have data in column A. Sheets 2 thru 10 must have similar data in column A and numerical data in columns B and C.. It was not specified if duplicates would be in column A but the code provides for there being duplicates. It was also not specified if the data displayed on each sheet should be designated by its source sheet. And other details that migh make the data match more meaningful, but you might not need all the frills, depending on what your end objective is.

Upvote 0
Test set up, based on Post #1 info produced additional entries in columns D, E of sheet 1 for me. I did not use the full 10 sheets for testing. For the code to produce results, sheet 1 must have data in column A. Sheets 2 thru 10 must have similar data in column A and numerical data in columns B and C.. It was not specified if duplicates would be in column A but the code provides for there being duplicates. It was also not specified if the data displayed on each sheet should be designated by its source sheet. And other details that migh make the data match more meaningful, but you might not need all the frills, depending on what your end objective is.
Yes. The data in column(sheet1) are duplicated on columns A of other sheets and data displayed on each sheet should be designated by its source sheet too. The purpose of the excel analysis is actually to find arbitrage opportunities using data from bookies. The main calculations ought to be 1/the numerical value in cell B of one sheet + 1/the numerical value in cell C of another sheet * 100. If value derived from calculation is less than 100, a message box displays the result. You could adjust the necessary portion of the code and test again. Thanks a lot.

Upvote 0
I ran the code once again and got the attached results on sheet 1 of the workbook. Could not interpret the meaning of the results. The first row (match1) had no data in them at all.

Attachments

• run2.png
    run2.png
    151.5 KB · Views: 7
Upvote 0
I think I am going to pass on this one. Maybe someone else who has a better understanding of what you are trying to do will jump in and offer a solution.
Regards, JLG

Upvote 0
I think I am going to pass on this one. Maybe someone else who has a better understanding of what you are trying to do will jump in and offer a solution.
Regards, JLG
Thanks a lot. You've been of great help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayHo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back