V-Lookup based on Cell Value

jedilefty

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I'm having some trouble with a spreadsheet I'm trying to create. I'm trying to calculate labor hours for orders that do not have existing inventory. I have a table with labor hours that I'm pulling from based on part numbers with a V-Lookup Function (listed below). I would like to expand on that calculation to account for if there's inventory on hand. Example: If the value column "In FinGoods Y/N" is "true" (meaning there is inventory on hand), then I do not want the labor time to show. I only want the labor times to be displayed if the value "false" shows in the "In FinGoods Y/N" column.

The current formula in the cells for Production Cell 1 through 3 is: =IFNA(VLOOKUP($E3,LaborHrs[#All],2,FALSE),"Need info")

Product#In FinGoods Y/NProduction Cell 1 (Labor Hrs)Production Cell 2 (Labor Hrs)Production Cell 3 (Labor Hrs)Total Labor Time (Minutes)
PRO1True=Sum of Production Cell 1 through 3
PRO2True
PRO3False
PRO4False

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
What is the formula in the 3 labor hours columns?
Not knowing that I would suggest this framework:

=if(Vlookup("LOOKUP VALUE", Product# Column thru In FinGoodsY/N Column, 2,0)=TRUE,"","The lookup formula in the appropriate labor column")

Upvote 0
What is the formula in the 3 labor hours columns?
Not knowing that I would suggest this framework:

=if(Vlookup("LOOKUP VALUE", Product# Column thru In FinGoodsY/N Column, 2,0)=TRUE,"","The lookup formula in the appropriate labor column")
The formula in the 3 labor columns is =IFNA(VLOOKUP($E3,LaborHrs[#All],2,FALSE),"Need info"). I'm still building the data base for the labor time so I currently have this formula to help identify parts that are not in the data base yet. If the value in the "FinGoodsY/N" column is "True" I still want the "Need Info" to appear, so I can add that information. If the value in the "FinGoodsY/N" column is "True" and there is labor time in the data base then I want "0" to display, as well as if the value is "False."

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
masterms

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back