Vaule of a cell

RESPECT

Okay lets see if I can keep it straight.

The chart is to pay off bill(credit cards) in some logical oder. 5 colums, 14 rows.

first column is for priortiy
second column is for name of bill
third is for total balance
fourth is for interest
fifth is for payments

I want the chart to add an extra amount to the bills with higher priortiy and add the payments from the bill that are paid off the the bills with lower priortiy.

Here is the problem.

It does the math but it does it for all the bills, it should only do it for the lowest or highest (WITH A BALANCE) but it does it for all of them. So it makes my payment way to high and my bills are paid off in a year (I wish).

Did you stay with me on this, if not I understand I am not the best at explaining something, ever worst at typing tring to explain something.

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
On 2002-08-28 12:16, RESPECT wrote:
Okay lets see if I can keep it straight.

The chart is to pay off bill(credit cards) in some logical oder. 5 colums, 14 rows.

first column is for priortiy
second column is for name of bill
third is for total balance
fourth is for interest
fifth is for payments

I want the chart to add an extra amount to the bills with higher priortiy and add the payments from the bill that are paid off the the bills with lower priortiy.

Here is the problem.

It does the math but it does it for all the bills, it should only do it for the lowest or highest (WITH A BALANCE) but it does it for all of them. So it makes my payment way to high and my bills are paid off in a year (I wish).

Did you stay with me on this, if not I understand I am not the best at explaining something, ever worst at typing tring to explain something.

First of all, a chart in Excel is a graphic image of your data. So I think you just mean *spreadsheet* or *data*.

It sounds like you're not driving the data from the payment amount. The payment amount ought to be determined by you, and it should be ONE amount for the month or given period. In other words, I can't put $3000 a month on bills if I only make $3500. So, maybe I use $1300 as the amount I can put toward the *payment*. Then, your calculations should take portions of it.

What I would do is get a percent of each balance to the total of all balances. Then, I would take that same percentage * the total payment for the month. Hence, if your one credit card takes up 50% of the total balance, then 50% of your monthly payment (or $650) ought to go toward that credit card.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back