VB Code to Fill Up LogIn Realm

Stonesteel

Board Regular
Greetings!

Can anyone help me how to make a vb code that will fill up the login realm when I click a command button? A have a sample here of scenario.

1. First is I have a command button that when I click, it will direct me to the webpage.

Code:
Code:
[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=blue]Sub ip_address()[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=blue] File = "http://" & ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Value & ":1080/main.cgi?mac_esn=" & ActiveCell.Value & ""[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=blue]  Call ShellExecute(0&, vbNullString, File, _[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=blue]     vbNullString, vbNullString, vbNormalFocus)[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=blue]End Sub[/COLOR][/FONT]

Image:
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/4786/activecell.jpg
activecell.jpg

When I click the command button, this will be the url that I will be directed to, url will depend on the value of ActiveCell.Value and ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1)

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/711/activecell2.jpg
activecell2.jpg

2. Now I will be on the index of the webpage which has a login realm,.

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/9246/canopyrealm.jpg
canopyrealm.jpg

this is the html code for the login realm.

<form action='login.cgi' method='post' id='quickform'>
<div class='menu' id='quicklogin'>
<input type='hidden' name='mac_esn' value='0a003ef96923' />
<input type='hidden' name='Session' value='0' />
Username: <input type='text' name='CanopyUsername' id='CanopyUsername' /><br/>
Password: <input type='password' name='CanopyPassword' id='CanopyPassword'/><br/>
<input type='submit' value='Login' name='login' id='loginbutton' />
<input type='hidden' value='submit' name='webguisubmit' />
</< div></< color="purple" form>

and this is the username and password that I will be using for example,

Username: sm_inst58132806 (let's say this is located at cell C2)
Password: G4p5n0Xg (let's say this is located at cell D2)

3. Now what I want is to have a code that when I click the command button:

a. will direct me to the webpage
b. automation that will fill up the login realm with given username and password
c. after filling up the realm, will automatically click the submit button and will be directed to the main index.

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/1592/loginsuccess.jpg
loginsuccess.jpg

hope you could help me on this, I know some of you already knew what code to use when it comes to this one.

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
I cannot test if the code works as I cannot access your intranet network.

The code uses these ranges for testing:
Excel 2007<TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #a6aab6 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #a6aab6 1px solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; BORDER-TOP: #a6aab6 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #a6aab6 1px solid" rules=all cellPadding=2><COLGROUP><COL style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e0e0f0" width=25><COL><COL></COLGROUP><THEAD><TR style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e0e0f0; COLOR: #161120"><TH></TH><TH>B</TH><TH>C</TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; COLOR: #161120">2</TD><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">UserName:</TD><TD style="COLOR: #ff0000">sm_inst58132806</TD></TR><TR><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; COLOR: #161120">3</TD><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">Password:</TD><TD style="COLOR: #ff0000">G4p5n0Xg </TD></TR><TR><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; COLOR: #161120">4</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right"></TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right"></TD></TR><TR><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; COLOR: #161120">5</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right"></TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right"></TD></TR><TR><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; COLOR: #161120">6</TD><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">PageRef:</TD><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">IP Address</TD></TR><TR><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; COLOR: #161120">7</TD><TD style="COLOR: #ff0000">0a003af96923</TD><TD style="COLOR: #ff0000">172.19.16.8</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Sheet1

These are the names of the controls you are interested in:
Code:
[FONT=Courier New]Username: <[B][COLOR=purple]input[/COLOR][/B] [B]type[/B]=[COLOR=blue]'text'[/COLOR] [B]name[/B]='[COLOR=blue]CanopyUsername' [/COLOR][B]id[/B]=[COLOR=blue]'[COLOR=red]CanopyUsername[/COLOR]'[/COLOR] [COLOR=red][B]/[/B][/COLOR]><[B][COLOR=purple]br[/COLOR][COLOR=red]/[/COLOR][/B]>[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New]Password: <[COLOR=purple][B]input[/B][/COLOR] [B]type[/B]=[COLOR=blue]'password'[/COLOR] [B]name[/B]=[COLOR=blue]'CanopyPassword'[/COLOR] [B]id[/B]=[COLOR=blue]'[COLOR=red]CanopyPassword[/COLOR]'[/COLOR][COLOR=red][B]/[/B][/COLOR]><[B][COLOR=purple]br[/COLOR][COLOR=red]/[/COLOR][/B]>[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New]<[COLOR=purple][B]input[/B][/COLOR] [B]type[/B]=[COLOR=blue]'submit'[/COLOR] [B]value[/B]=[COLOR=blue]'Login'[/COLOR] [B]name[/B]=[COLOR=blue]'login'[/COLOR] [B]id[/B]=[COLOR=blue]'[COLOR=red]loginbutton[/COLOR]'[/COLOR] [B][COLOR=red]/[/COLOR][/B]>[/FONT]

The IP_Address procedure builds up the url and obtanis the usename and password from Sheet1.

These parameters are then passed to the procedure LaunchWebpage().

Open a new Excel workbook.
Copy the code into the ThisWorkbook module.
And test it.

Code:
[COLOR=darkblue]Option[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]Explicit[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue]Sub[/COLOR] IP_Address()
   [COLOR=darkblue]Dim[/COLOR] sUsername [COLOR=darkblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]String[/COLOR]
   [COLOR=darkblue]Dim[/COLOR] sPassword [COLOR=darkblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]String[/COLOR]
   [COLOR=darkblue]Dim[/COLOR] sIpAddress [COLOR=darkblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]String[/COLOR]
   [COLOR=darkblue]Dim[/COLOR] sPageRef [COLOR=darkblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]String[/COLOR]
   [COLOR=darkblue]Dim[/COLOR] sUrl [COLOR=darkblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]String[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue]With[/COLOR] Sheets("Sheet1")
      sUsername = .Range("C2").Value
      sPassword = .Range("D2").Value
      sIpAddress = .Range("C7").Value
      sPageRef = .Range("B7").Value
   [COLOR=darkblue]End[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]With[/COLOR]

sUrl = "http://" & sIpAddress & ":1080/main.cgi?mac_esn=" & sPageRef
   [COLOR=green]'Debug.Print sUrl[/COLOR]

LaunchWebPage sUrl, sUsername, sPassword
[COLOR=darkblue]End[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]Sub[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#00008b][/COLOR] 
[COLOR=#00008b][/COLOR] 
[COLOR=darkblue]Private[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]Sub[/COLOR] LaunchWebPage([COLOR=darkblue]ByVal[/COLOR] sUrl [COLOR=darkblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]String[/COLOR], _
                          [COLOR=darkblue]ByVal[/COLOR] sUsername [COLOR=darkblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]String[/COLOR], _
                          [COLOR=darkblue]ByRef[/COLOR] sPassword [COLOR=darkblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]String[/COLOR])

[COLOR=darkblue]Dim[/COLOR] objIE [COLOR=darkblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]Object[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue]On[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]Error[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]GoTo[/COLOR] Err_Hnd

[COLOR=darkblue]Set[/COLOR] objIE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")

[COLOR=darkblue]With[/COLOR] objIE
      .Navigate [COLOR=red]sUrl[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=darkblue]Do[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]While[/COLOR] .Busy: DoEvents: [COLOR=darkblue]Loop[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=darkblue]Do[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]While[/COLOR] .ReadyState <> 4: DoEvents: [COLOR=darkblue]Loop[/COLOR]
      .Visible = [COLOR=darkblue]True[/COLOR]

.Document.getElementById("[COLOR=red]CanopyUsername[/COLOR]").Value = [COLOR=red]sUsername[/COLOR]
      .Document.getElementById("[COLOR=red]CanopyPassord[/COLOR]").Value = [COLOR=red]sPassword[/COLOR]
      .Document.getElementById("[COLOR=red]loginbutton[/COLOR]").Click

Err_Hnd: [COLOR=green]'(Fail gracefully)[/COLOR]
    objIE.Visible = [COLOR=darkblue]True[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkblue]Set[/COLOR] objIE = [COLOR=darkblue]Nothing[/COLOR]

Upvote 0
Thank you so much for the big help bertie! :) your code just worked fine and perfectly. At first I didn't know why only the username field is only filling up and upon checking, you missed the letter "w" in

.Document.getElementById("CanopyPassord").Value = sPassword

but now it's working! i just have to edit the ranges and replaced it with activecell.offset i think because there are thousands of these ip addresses to open up.

Upvote 0
Now, another challenge comes up, which is the real purpose of automation.
First is automated login to the webpage,
Second is changing the default values of one of the configuration in the webpage.

can we have a code that will bring me in one of the page in the web and will change its default values. here is the scenario.

1. I'm logged in to the webpage.
loginsuccess2.jpg

with url now:
http://172.19.16.8:1080/main.cgi?mac_esn=0a003ef96923

2. then I will go to the Configuration tab
canopyconfig.jpg

with url now:
http://172.19.16.8:1080/main.cgi?mac_esn=0a003ef96923&catindex=1

3. then I will go to the Quality of Service (QoS) tab
canopyconfig2.jpg

with url now:
http://172.19.16.8:1080/main.cgi?mac_esn=0a003ef96923&catindex=1&pageindex=7

4. then finally, i will change the default values defined in textfield
canopyconfig3.jpg

here is the html code for the said configuration.

HTML:
Sustained Uplink Data Rate : (kbps) (Range: 0—2000 kbps)Sustained Downlink Data Rate : (kbps) (Range: 0—2000 kbps)
</PRE>

Last edited:
Upvote 0
here is the correct html codes, kindly disregard given above.

<tr class='dualitem'><td class='sectionleft'>Sustained Uplink Data Rate :</td>
<td class='sectionright'><div class='tablewrapper'>
<input type="text" name="1139:SubUpkBitCreditRate" class="type:integer " value="300" size='5' maxlength='5' id='SubUpkBitCreditRate' *******='' onchange=' ValidateInput(this);' /> (kbps) (Range: 0&mdash;
<span class='var ulong' id='MAXMIRUp'>2000</span> kbps)
</div></td></tr>

<tr class='dualitem'><td class='sectionleft'>Sustained Downlink Data Rate :</td>
<input type="text" name="1137:SubDwnkBitCreditRate" class="type:integer " value="1700" size='5' maxlength='5' id='SubDwnkBitCreditRate' *******='' onchange=' ValidateInput(this);' /> (kbps) (Range: 0&mdash;
<span class='var ulong' id='MAXMIR'>2000</span> kbps)
div>td>tr></TD></TR>

</PRE>

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Again I cannot test this advice as I don't have access to your company intranet.

Consider this section of code in the LaunchWebpage() procedure:

Code:
      .Navigate [COLOR=red]sUrl[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=darkblue]Do[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]While[/COLOR] .Busy: DoEvents: [COLOR=darkblue]Loop[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=darkblue]Do[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]While[/COLOR] .ReadyState <> 4: DoEvents: [COLOR=darkblue]Loop[/COLOR]

.Document.getElementById("[COLOR=red]CanopyUsername[/COLOR]").Value = [COLOR=red]sUsername[/COLOR]
      .Document.getElementById("[COLOR=red]CanopyPassword[/COLOR]").Value = [COLOR=red]sPassword[/COLOR]
      .Document.getElementById("[COLOR=red]loginbutton[/COLOR]").Click

We could probably extend this to include;
naviagte to new url (QOS)
pause until it is loaded (DO WHILE...LOOP)
Enter values into the controls.

The new URL - we don't need the intermediate steps - just the FULL url to the QOS page.

I have highlighted what I think the id's of the contorls and values we are interested below:

<input type="text" name="1139:SubUpkBitCreditRate" class="type:integer " value="300" size='5' maxlength='5' id='SubUpkBitCreditRate' *******='' onchange=' ValidateInput(this);' /> (kbps) (Range: 0—
<span class='var ulong' id='MAXMIRUp'>2000</span> kbps)
</div></td></tr>

<tr class='dualitem'><td class='sectionleft'>Sustained Downlink Data Rate :</td>
<input type="text" name="1137:SubDwnkBitCreditRate" class="type:integer " value="1700" size='5' maxlength='5' id='SubDwnkBitCreditRate' *******='' onchange=' ValidateInput(this);' /> (kbps)

I have amended the LaunchWebpage() procedure, see the code in between the lines.

Test and see if this works:

Code:
[COLOR=darkblue]Private[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]Sub[/COLOR] LaunchWebPage([COLOR=darkblue]ByRef[/COLOR] sUrl [COLOR=darkblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]String[/COLOR], _
                          [COLOR=darkblue]ByVal[/COLOR] sUsername [COLOR=darkblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]String[/COLOR], _
                          [COLOR=darkblue]ByVal[/COLOR] sPassword [COLOR=darkblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]String[/COLOR])

[COLOR=darkblue]Dim[/COLOR] objIE [COLOR=darkblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]Object[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue]On[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]Error[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]GoTo[/COLOR] Err_Hnd

[COLOR=darkblue]Set[/COLOR] objIE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")

.Navigate sUrl

.Document.getElementById("CanopyUsername").Value = sUsername
      .Document.getElementById("CanopyPassword").Value = sPassword
      .Document.getElementById("loginbutton").Click

[COLOR=green]'navigate to quality of service link[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#008000]   '============================[/COLOR]
      sUrl = sUrl & [COLOR=red]"&catindex=1&pageindex=7[/COLOR]"
      .Navigate sUrl

.Document.getElementById("[COLOR=red]SubUpkBitCreditRate[/COLOR]").Value = [COLOR=red]111[/COLOR]
      .Document.getElementById("[COLOR=red]SubDwnkBitCreditRate[/COLOR]").Value = [COLOR=red]222[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#008000]   '============================[/COLOR] 

Upvote 0
PS

I just noticed the SaveChanges button.
Find it's id and add the Click event at the foot of the amended code.
Use the working code as a guide.

Upvote 0
hi Sir bertie, your code may seem to work, but there is one problem that I have encountered and I forgot to include in the topic, that is the "session". Whenever I log to the webpage, there is a randomly generated session in the webpage and was always included in the url even if it is still the same webpage (for the security reason I think).For example, here is the scenario:

I logged to the webpage 3 times, and therefore, 3 sessions were generated randomly.

http://172.19.16.8:1080/main.cgi?mac_esn=0a003ef96923&Session=26074
http://172.19.16.8:1080/main.cgi?mac_esn=0a003ef96923&Session=906
http://172.19.16.8:1080/main.cgi?mac_esn=0a003ef96923&Session=28895

so when i tried to access the configuration tab, url will become like this:
http://172.19.16.8:1080/main.cgi?mac_esn=0a003ef96923&catindex=1&pageindex=7&Session=26074
http://172.19.16.8:1080/main.cgi?mac_esn=0a003ef96923&catindex=1&pageindex=7&Session=906
http://172.19.16.8:1080/main.cgi?mac_esn=0a003ef96923&catindex=1&pageindex=7&Session=28895

when i tried to look at the html codes, i didn't find an id for the said session, instead, an href like this only.

div id='menu'>
a class='menu' id='menuselect' href="main.cgi?mac_esn=0a003ef96923&catindex=0&pageindex=1&Session=26074">Home/a>
a class='menu' href="main.cgi?mac_esn=0a003ef96923&catindex=1&pageindex=0&Session=26074">Configuration/a>
a class='menu' href="main.cgi?mac_esn=0a003ef96923&catindex=2&pageindex=5&Session=26074">Statistics/a>
a class='menu' href="main.cgi?mac_esn=0a003ef96923&catindex=3&pageindex=0&Session=26074">Tools/a>
a class='menu' href="main.cgi?mac_esn=0a003ef96923&catindex=6&pageindex=0&Session=26074">Accounts/a>
a class='menu' href="main.cgi?mac_esn=0a003ef96923&catindex=8&pageindex=0&Session=26074">PDA/a>
a class='menu' href="main.cgi?mac_esn=0a003ef96923&catindex=9&pageindex=0&Session=26074">Copyright/a>
a class='menu' href="logoff.cgi?mac_esn=0a003ef96923&catindex=0&pageindex=1&Session=26074">Logoff/a>

maybe if we can capture the session and will be included in the url, then the code we made will then run successful. :)

Upvote 0
NB I cannot test the code as I don't have access to your intranet.

Try the changes highlighted below:

Code:
[COLOR=darkblue]Private[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]Sub[/COLOR] LaunchWebPage([COLOR=darkblue]ByRef[/COLOR] sUrl [COLOR=darkblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]String[/COLOR], _
                          [COLOR=darkblue]ByVal[/COLOR] sPassword [COLOR=darkblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]String[/COLOR])

[COLOR=red]   Dim sSession As String[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]   Dim pos As Long[/COLOR]

.Navigate sUrl

.Document.getElementById("CanopyUsername").Value = sUsername
      .Document.getElementById("CanopyPassword").Value = sPassword
      .Document.getElementById("loginbutton").Click

[COLOR=green]'get session number[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=green]'http://172.19.16.8:1080/main.cgi?mac_esn=0a003ef96923&Session=26074[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]     sSession = .LocationUrl[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]     pos = InStr(1, sSession, "Session=", vbTextCompare)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]     sSession = Trim(Mid(sSession, pos + 8, Len(sSession) - pos + 8))[/COLOR]

[COLOR=green]'navigate to quality of service link[/COLOR]
      sUrl = sUrl & "&catindex=1&pageindex=7[COLOR=red]&Session=" & sSession[/COLOR]
      .Navigate sUrl

.Document.getElementById("SubUpkBitCreditRate").Value = 111
      .Document.getElementById("SubDwnkBitCreditRate").Value = 222

Upvote 0
hi Sir, there seems to be a problem in the code, when I tried to add it and tested it, the url becomes like this and therefore responded a 404 bad request page.

http://172.19.16.8:1080/main.cgi?mac_esn=0a003ef96923&catindex=1&pageindex=7&Session=172.19.16.8:1080/main.cgi?mac_esn=0a003ef96923

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravioli44

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back