VBA Check if file exists in shared folder in SharePoint/Onedrive

drefiek2

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I am looking for some code which will check whether a certain file exists in a SharePoint folder which has been linked to multiple individual's OneDrives. We all access this SharePoint folder via our individual OneDrives:
C:\Users\USERNAME\OneDrive - COMPANY\SharePointFolderName

The difficulty I possibly have is having a code which will be unique to the person using the spreadsheet...?

The result should be in a little popup message box.

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Hi,

I am looking for some code which will check whether a certain file exists in a SharePoint folder which has been linked to multiple individual's OneDrives. We all access this SharePoint folder via our individual OneDrives:
C:\Users\USERNAME\OneDrive - COMPANY\SharePointFolderName

The difficulty I possibly have is having a code which will be unique to the person using the spreadsheet...?

The result should be in a little popup message box.
Use the Environ function with parameter "USERPROFILE" to return the user folder name.
For example, running the following VBA code on my computer will return "C:\Users\nguye\OneDrive"
VBA Code:
Debug.Print Environ$("USERPROFILE") & "\OneDrive"
"$" in "Environ$" means that this function should return a string instead of a variant value.

Upvote 0
Use the Environ function with parameter "USERPROFILE" to return the user folder name.
For example, running the following VBA code on my computer will return "C:\Users\nguye\OneDrive"
VBA Code:
Debug.Print Environ$("USERPROFILE") & "\OneDrive"
"$" in "Environ$" means that this function should return a string instead of a variant value.
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I am not sure I know where to put this code? I currently have the following which works but I want to add a check to see if the PDF file already exists in individual's OneDrive folders (per my original post).

VBA Code:
Sub SaveAsPDF()
'
' SaveAsPDF Macro
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+S
'
 Select Case MsgBox("Is the date and shift type correct?", vbYesNo Or vbQuestion, Application.Name)
    Case vbNo
        Debug.Print "User exit"
        Exit Sub
    End Select
    Dim SharePointPath As String
    Dim PdfFileName As String
    Dim msg As String

On Error GoTo SaveError

SharePointPath = "https://company.sharepoint.com/company" '<<<<<<<<<<<< edit as required.

PdfFileName = Replace(Range("D6").Value, "/", "") & ActiveSheet.Range("J6").Value

ActiveSheet.ExportAsFixedFormat Type:=xlTypePDF, Filename:=SharePointPath & PdfFileName, _
    Quality:=xlQualityStandard, IncludeDocProperties:=True, IgnorePrintAreas:=False, OpenAfterPublish:=False

msg = "Handover successfully uploaded to SharePoint. You can now close the spreadsheet."
    MsgBox msg, vbInformation, "Upload Successful"
    Exit Sub

SaveError:
    msg = "Handover not uploaded to SharePoint. Please contact X." & vbCr & vbCr & Err.Number & " - " & Err.Description
    MsgBox msg, vbCritical, "Upload Failure"
End Sub

Upvote 0
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I am not sure I know where to put this code? I currently have the following which works but I want to add a check to see if the PDF file already exists in individual's OneDrive folders (per my original post).

VBA Code:
Sub SaveAsPDF()
'
' SaveAsPDF Macro
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+S
'
 Select Case MsgBox("Is the date and shift type correct?", vbYesNo Or vbQuestion, Application.Name)
    Case vbNo
        Debug.Print "User exit"
        Exit Sub
    End Select
    Dim SharePointPath As String
    Dim PdfFileName As String
    Dim msg As String

On Error GoTo SaveError

SharePointPath = "https://company.sharepoint.com/company" '<<<<<<<<<<<< edit as required.

PdfFileName = Replace(Range("D6").Value, "/", "") & ActiveSheet.Range("J6").Value

ActiveSheet.ExportAsFixedFormat Type:=xlTypePDF, Filename:=SharePointPath & PdfFileName, _
    Quality:=xlQualityStandard, IncludeDocProperties:=True, IgnorePrintAreas:=False, OpenAfterPublish:=False

msg = "Handover successfully uploaded to SharePoint. You can now close the spreadsheet."
    MsgBox msg, vbInformation, "Upload Successful"
    Exit Sub

SaveError:
    msg = "Handover not uploaded to SharePoint. Please contact X." & vbCr & vbCr & Err.Number & " - " & Err.Description
    MsgBox msg, vbCritical, "Upload Failure"
End Sub
For SharePoint Folder URL path, I found an answer on Stack Overflow: VBA Check If Sharepoint Folder Exists
However, I would prefer using Microsoft Graph API because it can help me manipulate SharePoint and OneDrive files easily.

Upvote 0
I guess what would be ideal is for the code to check individual OneDrives on individual computers for the file name and folder, since the SharePoint folder is mapped to everyone's OneDrives and everyone has OneDrive on their PC. I just need to find a code which does not isolated independent PC/OneDrive accounts, one which can check the OneDrive of whoever is viewing the spreadsheet at that moment in time.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back