VBA code equal to right-clicking an image, selecting Edit and then hitting Enter? Possible?

9tanstaafl9

I tried this in the macro recorder and nothing shows up other than that I clicked the image.

I need to do this because if not, the image causes an error every time the report is saved, and I don't want users to have to do it. The report is a file exported from Crystal Reports into an Excel 98-2003 format, opened by users in 2010. I have a macro that makes it pretty and adds formulas etc. All is working well except I get an error on save. I figured out that the cause of this error is their logo.

If I manually right click the logo and choose edit, the window says: "This is an imported picture, not a group. Do you want to convert it to a Microsoft Office Drawing Object?" The default (which I want) is YES.

Is there a way to do this using VBA? The report generates several times daily, so I can't just fix it otherwise.

Also, this is a rewording of another post I made, which was getting no views I think because my title scared people off. I don't need to know how to covert it, just how to choose the default button and bring up the editing box.

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
NEVERMIND

I can remove the error by simply saving using the 2010 "Excel Workbook" choice instead of the Excel 97-2003 format it was defaulting to.

As an aside, does anybody know if there is a way to delete a post that is no longer needed?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back