VBA code to pull data from visible (unhidden) rows to sheet 2

SafetyGirlTanya

Hi there!

I am working on building a workbook where on Sheet1, a driver's log book data is entered.
The columns on Sheet1 that have data that needs to be referenced in a report on Sheet2 are :(Date) & (Violations)x22

The first 10 rows of Sheet1 are headers and then there are 370 rows of data on Sheet1. As the data gets entered (in 15 day batches), I would like the information to be referenced in Sheet2 so that a report can be printed. Once the report is printed, the rows on Sheet1 are then manually hidden and the data entry continues. There are 15 available rows in Sheet2 that I would like to be able to reference to Sheet1.

**IDEALLY** I would like to have rows 4-18 on Sheet2 reset and start pulling data from the next 15 visible (unhidden) rows on Sheet1.

I am using this array to link all of the violations in to one cell of the report on Sheet2:

=JOINXL(IF(NOT(ISBLANK(Sheet1!I12:AD12)),Sheet1!$I$3:$AD$3&", ",""),"")
These are then referenced to a group of merged cells for aesthetics

And this formula to count the violations if they are Non-Compliances
=IF(COUNTIF(Sheet1!I12:O12,"X")>0,"X","")

And this formula to count the violations if they are Non-Conformances

=IF(COUNTIF(Sheet1!P12:AB12,"X")>0,"X","")

Is this even possible? I am using Excel 2010

Thank you for any ideas or assistance!!

T.

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Re: Need assistance for VBA code to pull data from visible (unhidden) rows to sheet 2

T.

Welcome to the Board.

Are you open to a vba approach? If so, can you post sample data please? As well as a sample report?

Thanks,

tonyyy

Upvote 0
Re: Need assistance for VBA code to pull data from visible (unhidden) rows to sheet 2

date
hrs
on duty
reset
a
b
c
d
e
f
g
h
i
j
31-Dec-16
x
1-Jan-17
x
2-Jan-17
x
x
3-Jan-17
4-Jan-17
x

<tbody>
</tbody>
Sheet 1

Non Compliance
Non Conformance
31-Dec-16
Date,
X
1-Jan-17
Date,
X
2-Jan-17
Less than 10 Hours Off Duty/Day, Less than 8 consecutive hours off-Duty,
X
3-Jan-17
Truck Unit/Plate#,
X
4-Jan-17
Less than 8 consecutive hours off-Duty,
X

<tbody>
</tbody>
Sheet 2

I did find this formula to get the dates to change, but like with my other formulas it will not change when the rows on sheet one are hidden:
=INDEX(Sheet1!A13:Sheet1!A402,MIN(IF(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(Sheet1!A13,ROW(Sheet1!A13:Sheet1!A402)-ROW(Sheet1!A13),0)),ROW(Sheet1!A13:Sheet1!A402)-ROW(Sheet1!A13)+1)))

(Links the data in columns a:j in to one cell on sheet 2)
=JOINXL(IF(NOT(ISBLANK(Sheet1!I16:AD16)),Sheet1!$I$3:$AD$3&", ",""),"")

What I would like is when the rows containing date 31-dec16 to 4-jan-17 are hidden on sheet 1, the next rows 5-jan-17 to 9-jan-17 are shown on sheet2.

Hopefully this is a enough information for you, let me know if it is not!

I am open to a vba option as I can copy and paste into modules

Thanks

Upvote 0

So, I'm having trouble understanding how you get from Sheet1 to Sheet2. :(

The following, though, will at least populate the first 5 visible dates from Sheet1 to Sheet2...

Code:
Sub GetDates()
    Dim ws1 As Worksheet, ws2 As Worksheet
    Dim LastRow1 As Long, r As Long, i As Long '"r" represents rows on Sheet1, "i" represents rows on Sheet2

Set ws1 = Sheets(1)
    Set ws2 = Sheets(2)
    LastRow1 = ws1.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row

For r = 2 To LastRow1
        If Rows(r).Hidden <> True Then
            With ws2
                .Range(.Cells(2, 1), .Cells(6, 1)).Value = ws1.Range(ws1.Cells(r, 1), ws1.Cells(r + 4, 1)).Value
'                For i = 2 To 6
'                    .Cells(i,3).formula="=IF(COUNTIF(Sheet1!I12:O12,"X")>0,"X","")"
'                    .Cells(i,4).formula="=IF(COUNTIF(Sheet1!P12:AB12,"X")>0,"X","")"
'                Next i
                Exit For
            End With
        End If
    Next r
    MsgBox "Done!"
End Sub

The 4 lines that are commented out provide the structure for populating Sheet2.Range("C2:D6") with the NonCompliance and NonConformance formulas. The formulas will need to be adapted to include the "r" variable.

I'll be taking a long weekend and won't return until Tuesday. If someone else doesn't pick up I'll look at it again then.

Cheers,

tonyyy

Upvote 0

The following contains the adapted formulas, but again, not sure if this is what you're looking for...

Code:
Sub GetDates()
    Dim LastRow1 As Long, r As Long, i As Long '"r" represents rows on Sheet1, "i" represents rows on Sheet2

Set ws1 = Sheets(1)
    Set ws2 = Sheets(2)

For r = 2 To LastRow1
        If ws1.Rows(r).Hidden <> True Then
            With ws2
                .Range(.Cells(2, 1), .Cells(6, 1)).Value = ws1.Range(ws1.Cells(r, 1), ws1.Cells(r + 4, 1)).Value
                For i = 2 To 6
                    .Cells(i, 3).Formula = "=IF(COUNTIF(Sheet1!I" & r + i - 2 & ":O" & r + i - 2 & "," & """X"")>0,""X"","""")"
                    .Cells(i, 4).Formula = "=IF(COUNTIF(Sheet1!P" & r + i - 2 & ":AB" & r + i - 2 & "," & """X"")>0,""X"","""")"
                Next i
                Exit For
            End With
        End If
    Next r
    MsgBox "Done!"
End Sub

Upvote 0

And the JOINXL formula added to Sheet2 Column2...

Code:
Sub GetDates()

Set ws1 = Sheets(1)
    Set ws2 = Sheets(2)

For r = 2 To LastRow1
        If ws1.Rows(r).Hidden <> True Then
            With ws2
                For i = 2 To 6
                    .Cells(i, 2).Formula = "=JOINXL(IF(NOT(ISBLANK(Sheet1!I" & r + i - 2 & ":AD" & r + i - 2 & ")),Sheet1!$I$3:$AD$3&"", "",""""),"""")"
                    .Cells(i, 3).Formula = "=IF(COUNTIF(Sheet1!I" & r + i - 2 & ":O" & r + i - 2 & "," & """X"")>0,""X"","""")"
                    .Cells(i, 4).Formula = "=IF(COUNTIF(Sheet1!P" & r + i - 2 & ":AB" & r + i - 2 & "," & """X"")>0,""X"","""")"
                Next i
                Exit For
            End With
        End If
    Next r
    MsgBox "Done!"
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VerifiedBleachersAttendee

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back