VBA & Conditional Format

Patriot2879

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi good afternoon, hope you can help me please, I have cells P4:P54 and if this cell is equal to 1 then i want row O to say "Fully Utilised" and to be filled with the colour Green, can you help me please? I have done Column N and M already with a mix of vba and conditional formatting, but I cant seem to add a new column (P) please can you help
VBA Code:
Private Sub worksheet_calculate()
Application.EnableEvents = False
Dim rw As Long
For rw = 4 To 54
If (Cells(rw, "M").Value >= 6 Or Cells(rw, "N").Value >= 6) And Cells(rw, "O").Value <> "Fully Utilised" Then Cells(rw, "O").Value = "Fully Utilised"
Next rw
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub
I have tried changing it to the below but it doesn’t work please advice.
Code:
Private Sub worksheet_calculate()
Dim rw As Long
For rw = 4 To 54
If (Cells(rw, "M").Value >= 6 Or Cells(rw, "N").Value >= 6) And Cells(rw, "O").Value <> "Fully Utilised" Then Cells(rw, "O").Value = "Fully Utilised"
If (Cells(rw, "P").Value >= 1 And Cells(rw, "O").Value <> "Fully Utilised" Then Cells(rw, "O").Value = "Fully Utilised"
Next rw
End Sub

Hi i have added to dropbox i hope it makes sense sheet2 is where i add the data, as you can see some cells have turned green as they have a total of 6 or higher and this should autopopulate column O as fully utilised, ahwat i need it to do as well is if P=1 then O should be fully utilised.
NC Handover MASTER1211212121212121212.xlsm

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
I cannot download files from my current location (I will be able to when I am at home, but that won't be for quite a few hours).
There is a tool here that allows you to post screen images. Information on that can be found here: XL2BB - Excel Range to BBCode

Really, what I am asking is quite simple. You are telling me it is not working. So I am just asking you for an example of it not working.
So, just look at your sheet, find a row where it is not working, and give me the details. Maybe something like this:
On row 14, the value in column M is 14, the value in column N is 20 and the value in column P is 2, and column O is not returning the expected string of "Fully Utilized".

That is all I am looking for you to tell me, the EXACT details of an example that is not working.

Upvote 0
Ok thank you - ok then on row 4 the value in column N is 7, the value in P50 is 1 and column O is not returning the expected string of "Fully Utilised".

Upvote 0
Ok thank you - ok then on row 4 the value in column N is 7, the value in P50 is 1 and column O is not returning the expected string of "Fully Utilised".
Wait, you said that on row 4, the value in column N is 7, but the value in P50 is 1.
So you are checking two different rows there, row 4 and row 50.
I thought you were wanting to check columns M,N, and P and compare for EACH row SEPARATELY.
Are you really saying that if such a value exists in ANY row in the ENTIRE range (and not to treat each row SEPARATELY)?
If so, then which row exactly in column O should be changed to "Fully Utilised", row 7 or row 50?

Upvote 0
Wait, you said that on row 4, the value in column N is 7, but the value in P50 is 1.
So you are checking two different rows there, row 4 and row 50.
I thought you were wanting to check columns M,N, and P and compare for EACH row SEPARATELY.
Are you really saying that if such a value exists in ANY row in the ENTIRE range (and not to treat each row SEPARATELY)?
If so, then which row exactly in column O should be changed to "Fully Utilised", row 7 or row 50?

Upvote 0
Hi each row that has a number of 6 or greater in N or M and in P if 1 or greater then column O needs to be fully utilised, the range is from 4 to 54. it is for the entire range

Upvote 0
Hi each row that has a number of 6 or greater in N or M and in P if 1 or greater then column O needs to be fully utilised, the range is from 4 to 54. it is for the entire range
Please address the issue I brought up in my previous post, because the example you posted doesn't seem to follow this rule, as you quoted two different row numbers in your example (row 7 and row 50)

Upvote 0
Please address the issue I brought up in my previous post, because the example you posted doesn't seem to follow this rule, as you quoted two different row numbers in your example (row 7 and row 50)
sorry i am confused could you have a look at the attachment when you are home this will explain it better i think

Upvote 0
OK, I will take a look tonight when I am home.

Upvote 0
I downloaded your spreadsheet, and I see two big problems.

First, you altered my code. You aren't even referencing the correct columns. Here is the code I gave you:
VBA Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
Dim rw As Long
For rw = 4 To 54
    If (Cells(rw, "M").Value >= 6 Or Cells(rw, "N").Value >= 6) And Cells(rw, "P").Value >= 1 Then Cells(rw, "O").Value = "Fully Utilised"
Next rw
End Sub
For some reason, you changed all the column references, and here is the code you are using:
VBA Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
Dim rw As Long
For rw = 4 To 54
    If (Cells(rw, "K").Value >= 6 Or Cells(rw, "L").Value >= 6) And Cells(rw, "M").Value >= 1 Then Cells(rw, "P").Value = "Fully Utilised"
Next rw
End Sub
Why did you change the column references? My code seems to match your spreadsheet.

Secondly, on the sample spreadsheet, I see NO examples meeting your criteria.
There are no rows where the value in column M or N is 6 or greater, and the value in column P is 1 or greater.

If you replace your code with the code that I gave you, and if you have an example where the value in column M is 6, the value in column N is 6, and the value in column P is 1, it works.
Column O will display "Fully Utilized" and turn green, as it should.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
srooney

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back