VBA cross checking from another workbook

GraceBSA

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have two workbooks and I need to cross-check values from workbook A and see if it exists in workbook B. If the value for a row does exist in workbook B, I need 'true' to appear at the end of the row and if it does not exist, I need 'false' to appear. At the moment this process is manual cross checking and entering either true or false. Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you in advance :)

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Hi GraceBSA - Welcome to the forum. The description of the comparison implies that you want every cell of every column in both workbooks compared. If this is the case then we would need to know if your data to be compared starts on the same row and the comparison desired is a row for row, cell by cell comparison. Or is the objective just fo find out if the value of a cell in workbook A is in workbook B. A more detailed explanation of exactly how the comparison should be made is needed. It is also helpful to know on which row the data begins in both workbooks and it the worksheets have names other than like "Sheet1". Actual workbook names with their file extensions are also needed to avoid error messages when the code runs. If you could post a screem shot of your worksheets (or a facimile) that would be helpful.

Upvote 0
Hi JLGWhiz, thank you for following up! :)

I will have all the details next week so i can update this thread. I just have been asked by a colleague if it is possible to do the above query on VBA and how the code would function. Pretty much there is Workbook1 and workbook2 and they both contain data for the same person on each corresponding row. There is a unique ID for each row/person in Workbook1, but that unique ID is not always populated in wookbook2 (sometimes it will just be the name of a person that appears in both). There is a column in workbook1 that is either populated with true or false on the basis if that the unique ID appears in both workbooks, this cell will be populated as true (this is currently manual). I hope that helps for now! Thank you again :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeVol

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back