VBA Code:
Sub Monte_Carlo()

Dim i As Integer

For i = 2 To 16
                 Cells(i, 1) = i + Range("A1").Value - 2
         Next

End Sub
1618104958928.png

This is the result I got, but it is not what I am working on.
Expecting result is:
1618105117691.png

Please give me a hand here.
Thank you for reading this.

Michael M. Great Answer Very Flexible and very Simple way to do it THANK YOU SO MUCH. I marked as Solution and also I give you a "Like".
Have a great Sunday.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
more insides about the logic behind the code, I mean how from my informal English descriptions you got the "resize" statement
Looping is useless just using Excel basics at beginner level and I got the statement from the VBA help.​
If for some reason a loop is really necessary the logic is to directly use columns of rows # …​

Upvote 0
1618163769580.png
wow. how is that possible....................???????
1618163842145.png
......................Really & necessary ....interesting
directly use columns of rows --------- directly use.......(how indirectly will be). ...
spreadsheet automatically pop up in my brain columns and rows or vice versa, so how loops are useless, interesting if you are willing to go farther.
Thanks

Upvote 0
Yes looping is 'useless' when some Excel basics features can already do the job like any Excel beginner operating manually​
and often it's faster than a bad looping code on big / huge data …​
One day I saw an Excel beginner kid - a summer job - operating manually just with Excel basics in no more than a minute​
but a bad looping VBA procedure for the same was lasting for ages …​

Upvote 0
Thanks. It was just a reminder : thinking first about the Excel side before VBA may avoid some gas factory code …​
As a little example only two codelines are necessary to reach the goal of this thread :​

Upvote 0
Looping is useless
I disagree. Looping can be very useful in some circumstances.
Here the OP has indicated (post #7) that the actual range is bigger than the example in post #1 so I tested with 150 rows and 50 columns and expanded the code from post #5 to that range.
Over a series of runs the average run time on my machine was 0.062 seconds
With the following double loop code the same results were achieved in an average of 0.022 seconds. That is, in about 35% of the time.

VBA Code:
Sub Demo02()
  Dim a(1 To 150, 1 To 50) As Long
  Dim c As Long, r As Long, currval As Long

currval = Range("A1").Value
  For c = 1 To UBound(a, 2)
    For r = 1 To UBound(a)
      a(r, c) = currval
      currval = currval + 1
    Next r
  Next c
  Range("A2").Resize(UBound(a), UBound(a, 2)).Value = a
End Sub

BTW, the non-looping version from post #5 could be made more than twice as fast (by my testing on this larger range) as follows - but still not as fast as the looping code above.

VBA Code:
Sub Demo03()
    With [A2:AX151]:  .Value = Evaluate("A1+ROW(" & .Address & ")-2+(COLUMN(" & .Address & ")-1)*150"):  End With
End Sub

As a little example only two codelines are necessary to reach the goal of this thread :
How is that an example when you have not provided those code lines?
In any case, I don't think the value of any code should be measured by how many lines it takes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Solution
Mr. Marc L, I really appreciate your kindness, and your time. I am curious, You mention two lines solution, ►where are they◄
I see you in another forum from the other side of the world, you started on apr. so let me tell you from me, welcome on board, and, this is a real good friendly people, all levels, are welcome, there are a great, great people here, very open and helpful, the best part here in this forum, the people explain and understand we all are different,
ok Mr. Mark thanks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mytux

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back