- VBA Macro Help Wanted - Email.

KroLeXz

Hello follow excellers!

These forums have come to be a life line for me during this last few weeks and finishing a pretty big project. Tech, I been done with this project but I don't know about you guys - I'm always finding ways to improve productivity.

I've just about fully automated everything that I do on a day to day basis which would open me up to work on other things. Let me give you a quick run down on what I do and how I should proceed.

After a 2 hour macro session (seriously) all the files get saved in their appropriate directory with their corresponding file_mmddyy - I than do a quality check on each of the files and email them off as hyperlinks (outlook)... the emails barely change, hasn't been any changelogs in weeks and I just update the date on the email and the hyperlink and send.

The quality check was a good idea @ start, since usually with someone like me (novice in vba coding) - I start to notice inconsistency and missing data but thanks to you guys that's all been fixed and squared away and I think I'm finally able to skip that process all together and incorporate the email portion to my automated macros.

I have send 6 emails to approximately 5 to 6 individuals per email. I want to be able to someout code their daily emails so that the dates reflect correctly and the filename gets updated in the hyperlink....

I've tried some email codes, and even created a spreed-sheet in excel to copy the range and email it - but I still run into the problem of the correct hyperlink file name.

Roughly the email looks like this

----------------------------------------------------------------------
National *****tracker compiled data through Monday, 05 24, 2013

(hyperlink)Tracker_052413

Changelog
* Workbook should load faster now and require less computing

Name
Title
Contact Information
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

any suggestion and tips greatly appreciative - I've search high and low for some type of solution so I finally decided to register and hopefully my solved question will help someone down the line.

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
I've gotten some new ideas, still working with having the email built into one of the sheets in the workbook and work with an emailing macro.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back