VBA/Macro query

KieranO

Platform
  1. Windows
Thanks for viewing my thread.

I have a workbook that is used to record data each week. The data is taken from different sources and complied together in my workbook so I created a raw data worksheet where i put this and with a macro button it does simple formatting tasks e.g. deletes blank cells/changes cell colours/moves columns to the relevant places - and this works well however i'm looking at trying to improve this.

Each worksheet is named 'Week 1', 'Week 2', 'Week 3'... and so on. I'm guessing i will have to use vba for what i want but im looking at trying to have this all automated. I want to create a worksheet that completes everything my macro button does but then can create a new worksheet which has a template and is named the next corresponding week - so if the last worksheet was 'Week 3' it would create 'Week 4' then populate this new worksheet with the formatted data.

In my mind the steps would be:

Copy raw data to worksheet > Press button and the data is formatted > A new worksheet is created that has been copied from a 'Template' worksheet > It is named the relevant week > the formatted data is copied to the newly created worksheet.

Do you think this is something that's achievable? I would like to do this myself but being a beginner to all of this if I could be pointed in the right direction and/or the things i need to research I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for reading :)

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
Is the 'Template' worksheet to be copied your raw data worksheet? Does the 'Template' worksheet become each new sheet that is added or will it always be your original raw data sheet? Please use code tags to post your current macro.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dsharae57

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back