VBA/Macro to clean up downloaded bank info - Excel 2000

michal1879

Hi,

I'm new to this group and hope you guys could help me out. I tried searching on Microsoft's and others websites and had no luck. Any help and/or suggestion would be appreciated. :)

I use Excel/Office 2000 for this work.

In my work I download recent activity for our bank account. The information in question consist of wires, not bank deposits. For the most part the payments are from the same group of companies. This bank account receives payments for several of our businesses. I would like to find a way (Macro? with VLookup & Find&Replace?) to automate what is currently a manual, time consuming process. A sample of a receipt is: WIRE TRF IN D30632409334ORG=/11037067Company Na. What I need to do is refer to a range that contains the full name (in this case it would be Company Name), replace and assign it the business line listed in the next Cell:

Column A ------- || Column B
Company Name || Housing

There are approximately 150 entries in the range that would be referenced.

Additionally there are negative amounts in this data, which is money that we paid others that is not necessary for me and I would like to get rid of that particular row. There are also certain receipts that does I do not need and if these are found they should be deleted.

To make matters more complicated certain receipts have one name and need to be changed to another: ABC A/SSL = Already Been Chewed.

If possible I would also like to delete certain specified columns (B, C, D, E, I & J) but ensure that when it deletes one column it doesn't delete a wrong column due to the fact that the columns shifted left. Could this possibly be down by going in reverse order? i.e. deleting J then I then E ect.?

Thanks in advance!!

Michal

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back