VBA Macro to copy and paste certian cells to another sheet based on another cell value

Steves73

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
hello

I am very new to VBA, I have been searching for weeks now for a easy macro to copy values from certain cells and paste them to another sheet based on another cell value

Example - Macro to search column "O" if it finds the word "Reorder" it copies cells A1, A2, A4, and paste the values to Sheet 3, starting in column A. The paste finds the next blank cell.

OK, you can explicitly define all the sheet names you want to apply it to at the beginning of the code in an array. Then you can loop through this array.
Here is what that structure would look like.
Code:
Sub Gen_Active()

Dim shts As Variant
    Dim s As Long
    Dim lastRow As Long
    Dim myRow As Long
    Dim myCopyRow As Long
    Dim ws As Worksheet

'   Set initial row to copy to as 4
    myCopyRow = 4

'   Define all the sheets this should run on
    shts = Array("Prep", "Year 1", "Year 2", "Year 3", "Year 4", "Year 5", "Year 6")

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

'   Loop through all sheets
    For s = LBound(shts) To UBound(shts)
        Set ws = Sheets(shts(s))
'       Find last row with data in column Z on sheet
        lastRow = ws.Cells(Rows.Count, "Z").End(xlUp).Row
'       Loop through all rows if row Z is set to Active
        For myRow = 3 To lastRow
            If ws.Cells(myRow, "Z") = "Active" Then
                Sheets("2018 Active").Cells(myRow, "A") = ws.Cells(myCopyRow, "A")
                Sheets("2018 Active").Cells(myRow, "B") = ws.Cells(myCopyRow, "B")
                Sheets("2018 Active").Cells(myRow, "Y") = ws.Cells(myCopyRow, "C")
                Sheets("2018 Active").Cells(myRow, "Z") = ws.Cells(myCopyRow, "D")
                Sheets("2018 Active").Cells(myRow, "AA") = ws.Cells(myCopyRow, "E")
                Sheets("2018 Active").Cells(myRow, "AB") = ws.Cells(myCopyRow, "F")
                Sheets("2018 Active").Cells(myRow, "AC") = ws.Cells(myCopyRow, "G")
                Sheets("2018 Active").Cells(myRow, "AD") = ws.Cells(myCopyRow, "H")
                Sheets("2018 Active").Cells(myRow, "AE") = ws.Cells(myCopyRow, "I")
'               Increment row counter
                myCopyRow = myCopyRow + 1
            End If
        Next myRow
    Next s

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
Thanks for the code. Something seems to be not working as it is bringing across a mix of entries (i.e. not only ones that have 'active' but also some 'inactive' and 'monitor'. It's also bringing only a handful of entries and putting lots of spaces between them.
I've ended up writing a macro for Year 1 that prints info across starting at line 4, and then a separate macro for the other years starting at the next available empty row.
I then created a macro to run all the other macro's in order (including a clear content to start with so if/when I update it will just keep adding below all the time).
The work around has met my needs for now so we can get things up and running. Might come back to it for more concise coding in the future.
Thank you so much for all your input!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KMGLarson

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back