VBA (Non VBA preferred but don't think possible) Copy entire row multiple column criteria question

Anonmau5

Evening MrExcel Community,

Well now it appears it's morning. I'm fairly decent with most things non VBA on excel but the VBA side I don't really know much about. Apparently this is my next area to learn.

I have an excel sheet that I update the main info from another database by deleting the info in the columns and pasting the values from the other database.

What I have now is a master sheet labeled "Tracking" and 6 different other tabs labeled by state ("CA", "OR", "WA", "AK", "MI", "IN").

On the master sheet ("Tracking") I have 2 different columns that are static and display one of the above listed 6 state abbreviations based off of a reference I established from the data I update on this sheet. The other one of the 2 reference columns does the same thing but bases it off of the manager working it for that state. Both of these columns A & B both just use the state abbreviations off of the data I update at the end of the day.

What I'm trying to do is establish (preferably non vba if possible but if not or would be more complicated vba is fine) a way that is a row has "CA" in either column A or B then that entire row gets copied over to the "CA" tab. Also having it do this for the other 5 state abbreviations listed above.

It would have to copy it over to the corresponding state tab if either reference column (A or B) had that states abbreviation listed which is why I believe this can't be done easily through any non vba means.

There are also anywhere from 1000 to 5000 rows on any given day.

Any help with this would be GREATLY appreciated. I have been going crazy with this workbook for many hours over many days and really want and need (for many sanity) to finish this.

Thank you

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
Have you looked at AdvancedFilter?
If this task is to be done on command, rather than as the data is entered, AdvancedFilter's Copy To Other Location feature would work fine.

Upvote 0
If the Master form had "OR" in column "B" Row "5" what might be in Column "A" Row "5" ?
I have a script that would work on Column "A" but not yet figured out how to look in Column "B" also.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back