VBA problem, need help with existing code

skyport

I had been using a code successfully for some time and the other week I had a minor change made to it in order to overcome one problem, which it did perfectly well however, in the process it created a second problem. What the code does is concatenate columns A-G into K but what makes it unique is it bolds the first sentence of each cell in the result column K. Below see example code 1 as the original code that performs this function perfectly. With that in mind, the first problem I overcame was that as of a week ago I needed the results in column K to recognize the text values of dates from columns A- G and so the changes were made in the code as shown in the example code 2 below. This solved the problem however created a new problem where the results in column K are now incomplete and the part of the data from column G when concatenated into K is truncated whereas before the results in column K showed the complete information that was in columns A-G. The only changes that were made between the two versions of the code was inserting "TEXT" to replace "value" on the one line of the code. I absolutely cannot figure out why with that one change it is truncating the result in column K. As a final illustration, prior to the change in the code, I could have several word document pages of information existing in the columns A-G that would all perfectly show up in column K however after the change in the code it will truncate after about two pages worth of data in a given cell in the result column K which never was a problem before. I absolutely cannot figure out why that minor change is causing that problem and I am hoping somebody can help with the solution.

Example code 1

Sub Concat()
Dim i As Long, LR As Long, j As Long
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual
Application.EnableEvents = False
LR = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
For i = 1 To LR
With Range("K" & i)
.Value = .Offset(0, -10).Value & .Offset(0, -9).Value & .Offset(0, -8).Value & _
.Offset(0, -7).Value & .Offset(0, -6).Value & .Offset(0, -5).Value & .Offset(0, -4).Value

j = InStr(.Value, ". ")
.Characters(Start:=1, Length:=j).Font.Bold = True
End With
Next i
Application.EnableEvents = True
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic
End Sub

Example code 2
Changes made are in red

Sub Concat()
Dim i As Long, LR As Long, j As Long
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual
Application.EnableEvents = False
LR = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
For i = 1 To LR
With Range("K" & i)
.Value = .Offset(0, -10).Text & .Offset(0, -9).Text & .Offset(0, -8).Text & _
.Offset(0, -7).Text & .Offset(0, -6).Text & .Offset(0, -5).Text & .Offset(0, -4).Text

j = InStr(.Value, ". ")
.Characters(Start:=1, Length:=j).Font.Bold = True
End With
Next i
Application.EnableEvents = True
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic
End Sub

In conclusion, something in that change above solved the one problem while creating the second one. Hoping someone can help resolve. Thanks

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taner zz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back